• RevolvedMedia

(@revolvedmedia)

We’re using this plugin for front end image uploads in a ACF fields group for meta data on a custom post type.

The upload action is showing a 500 error in debug console:

/wp-json/aiarc/v1/upload 500 (Internal Server Error) input.js:88

Throwing the window.alert “There has been a critical error on this website.”

I have Fetch/XHR

Raw request header:

POST /staging/wp-json/aiarc/v1/upload HTTP/1.1 Accept: application/json, text/plain, */*

I think the Accept: application/json, text/plain, */* might be the problem for our server.

Note this is a sandbox site located in a subfolder of the active domain, this might also be a contributing factor.

I have tried running a tail on the error logs but nothing is being caught server side.

XHR payloads seem correct.

Server has over 3G of available memory for this action. Nothing is uploaded to media library.

Crop is also not opening on admin post edit page, default wordpress media library upload opens.

I’m still debugging to find the conflicting plugin. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thread Starter RevolvedMedia

(@revolvedmedia)

I have been able to get the crop working in admin, and on front-end if the form is inserted using a shortcode on a singular post or page.

In my use case the form is added to an elementor element using ACF Frontend where the field group is selected for use within the form.

To further expand on my use case for this plugin:

I have created a User dashboard with front end post editing. The user dashboard lists the logged in users posts. Each post in the list has several buttons allowing different actions. The “edit” form button related to the post in the list can be clicked; leading to a modal widow that displays the ACF frontend form. This form allows the user to edit the contents of their post, including uploading an image. The plugin does not function within an ACF front end modal window and results in a 500 or 404 when it attempts to make the rest api request.

My question to the developer is:
    How would you suggest allowing multiple instance of the upload form on a single page, where each form has a post id related by the parent DOM element. (I can find the post id within the parent element)

Note, I am skilled in jquery, ajax, php etc. I can use multiple strategies to over come this. It would be faster if you can offer some insights though.

That said I have also noted an additional potential bug during the instances where I have it working:

When the crop tool opens (admin form or frontend form) if the user does not make any adjustments to the crop tool, the image size will not be reduced to the maximum width/heights set in the field settings.

If you make any minor adjustments using the image tool the image will save to the correctly specified max pixel dimensions.

Thanks again!

Thread Starter RevolvedMedia

(@revolvedmedia)

Oh wait! frontend upload also fails is WP Media Library is not toggled in form settings!

Same error 500

(@revolvedmedia)

The plugin does work inside an elementor custom post loop on frontend. You must toggle WP Media Library to yes within Edit ACF Form “Permissions” section.

😀

Plugin Author joppuyo

(@joppuyo)

Hello!

I don’t use Elementor and I’m not able to help and debug with any kinds of custom integrations.

This plugin is intended to be used with Advanced Custom Fields and ACF Forms. Any other plugins and integrations are unfortunately out of scope.

If you are having problems with Elementor, I suggest contacting Elementor support.

(@revolvedmedia)

Thanks for the reply. I was able to solve the problem. Its working! Thank you, you saved me a huge amount of time, as I was planning to code this functionality out.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.