• Hi,

After updating to WordPress v5.5 and updating the Classic Editor plugins, Text View / Add Media are not working. I click on the Text tab to edit the text and nothing happens. I can edit via the Visual editor only. When I click on the Add Media tab, nothing happens.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Daphne

• This topic was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by daphnetalbot.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Same here! And I can’t use block editor too… If I try, get an error message…

Same here. This is a crippling issue. Please fix it asap.

Pleaseeeeee Fix it ASAP!!

Me too. Clicking the Text tab does nothing…

I discovered this too when I updated my husband’s author website and am glad I didn’t update my book review blog site yet. This is crippling if I can’t add media or use the text vs visual feature!

Can you please acknowledge that you are working to resolve this issue?

I wonder if they are trying to get us to stop using the classic editor and go to blocks (which I do not like!).

The latest upgrade of the Classic Editor did a number on my site. I was able to roll it back one version. I had to disable all the plugins, reinstall WP5.5 and activate one plugin at a time. It was the only way to avoid the “white screen of death”.

It’s also very glitchy here. I cannot add media, cannot see the tags or the post title after the last update.

Any clues?

Me too. Also gallery carousel is not working on my site anymore (presents as static images next to each other) and it seems that the option to change these static galleries that were once carousels back to carousels is unavailable.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by danae00h.

Downgrade is the only solution for now. I just downgraded and everything worked very fine

Caleb Burks

(@icaleb)

Automattic Happiness Engineer

Hard to say without looking at the specific sites, but it’s highly likely the conflicts exist with other plugins that are extending the classic editor.

Installing this has a high chance of returning things to functional, so I would recommend giving it a try: https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/

RB

(@heavensdisciples)

Some errors are occurring with the Classic Editor after updating to WordPress 5.5. I can type text in the Visual editor, but I’m unable to select the Text editor tab. There is no response when I click on the Text tab.

I can add URL links but I cannot edit them. I can click on the link and click Edit the first time, but I cannot select “Link options” as that only disables the main scrollbar in the Chrome browser. After the scrollbar has been disabled, the Edit option for the link is no longer available.

The following JavaScript errors are returned in the Chrome browser console:

wplink.min.js?ver={REDACTED}:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'show' of undefined
        at Object.open (wplink.min.js?ver={REDACTED}:2)
        at i.onclick (plugin.min.js?wp-mce-49100-20200624:1)
        at mp.c.fire (tinymce.min.js?ver=49100-20200624:2)
        at i.fire (theme.min.js?wp-mce-49100-20200624:1)
        at HTMLDivElement.o (theme.min.js?wp-mce-49100-20200624:1)
        at C (tinymce.min.js?ver=49100-20200624:2)
        at HTMLDivElement.d (tinymce.min.js?ver=49100-20200624:2)
    open	@	wplink.min.js?ver={REDACTED}:2
    onclick	@	plugin.min.js?wp-mce-49100-20200624:1
    c.fire	@	tinymce.min.js?ver=49100-20200624:2
    fire	@	theme.min.js?wp-mce-49100-20200624:1
    o	@	theme.min.js?wp-mce-49100-20200624:1
    C	@	tinymce.min.js?ver=49100-20200624:2
    d	@	tinymce.min.js?ver=49100-20200624:2
    wp-auth-check.min.js?ver={REDACTED}:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hasClass' of undefined
        at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (wp-auth-check.min.js?ver={REDACTED}:2)
        at HTMLDocument.dispatch (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils&ver={REDACTED}:3)
        at HTMLDocument.r.handle (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils&ver={REDACTED}:3)
        at Object.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils&ver={REDACTED}:3)
        at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils&ver={REDACTED}:3)
        at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils&ver={REDACTED}:2)
        at n.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils&ver={REDACTED}:2)
        at n.fn.init.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils&ver={REDACTED}:3)
        at Object.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery-ui-accordion,thickbox,hoverIntent,common,hoverintent-js,admin-bar,wp-pointer,wp-hooks,heartbeat,autosave,wp-ajax-response&load[chunk_1]=,jquery-color,wp-lists,quicktags,jquery-query,admin-comments,suggest,jquery-ui-sortable,postbox,tags-box,word-count,wp-sanitize,&load[chunk_2]=clipboard,post,editor-expand,shortcode,wp-plupload&ver={REDACTED}:365)
        at i (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,utils&ver={REDACTED}:2)
    Plugin Author Andrew Ozz

(@azaozz)

Hi, as @icaleb pointed out, this is most likely caused by a plugin that loads very old jQuery script. Doesn’t look like a problem with the classic editor plugin.

It would be really helpful if you can post the JS errors you see in the browser tools, at least the first error there.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Andrew Ozz.

Same problem here

Deactivating the plugin Advanced Custom Fields Pro fixes it for me, so for some of you i guess the problems starts there as well. I do not know who the fix need to come from, but i will notify Elliot Condon at Advanced Custom fields about the problem

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • The topic ‘5.5 Classic Editor Text View / Add Media Not Working’ is closed to new replies.