• Resolved gnucco123

(@gnucco123)

Hi David, I have a problem in 3.17 version of your wonderful plugin.

I have a widget (a wordpress standard “Custom HTML” one) in my homepage that show the latest uploaded pictures. The jquery gallery plugin that show the images with the help of MLA is called “Fotorama”.
    Its sintax is the following:

[mla_gallery post_parent=all link=post orderby=date order=DESC numberposts=20 mla_alt_shortcode=gallery height="240" allowfullscreen="true"]

With 3.16 version it shows correctly the latest 20 images starting from the last one.
    With 3.17 version it shows the FIRST 20 images, like the “order=DESC” was changed to “order=ASC”. With 3.17, manually changing to “order=ASC” shows the same behaviour too.

In 3.17 changelog it is stated that “Fix: A problem with formatting the order= portion of the SQL orderby clause from shortcode parameters has been corrected.”. Is this fix that could cause my strage behaviour?
    In the meantime I rollbacked MLA to 3.16 version.

Thanks a lot

Fede

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by gnucco123.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Author David Lingren

(@dglingren)

Thanks for your report and for including the full text of your shortcode; very helpful.

You have uncovered an MLA defect in the handling of the ‘order’ parameter, introduced in the MLA v3.17 update..

I have uploaded a new MLA Development Version dated 20240628 that includes the fix. You can find step-by-step instructions for using the Development Version in this earlier topic:

How to download & install the current development version of MLA

Once the Development Version is installed you can retest the handling of the order=DESC parameter in your shortcode. The enhancement will be part of my next MLA version, but in the interim it would be great if you could install the Development Version and let me know how it works for you. Thanks for alerting me to this MLA defect.

Thread Starter gnucco123

(@gnucco123)

Thanks David. The Development Version of MLA works fine and handle the order parameter fine in my widget.
    Bye, Fede.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.