• Resolved reckus

(@reckus)

Hi, I got an issue with v. 1.5.7. on WP 5.4.2 that the first subpage, which is not preceded by any other content, is not seen.

– Nothing is loaded in the content area in this case.

https://myurl/pageid/subpage# (i.e. 2, 3 and so on) works fine.

– When I added some random paragraph before the first subpage, it worked fine but this adds an “Intro” subpage.

While I need the first subpage with custom title, not “Intro”, I’m not sure if this is a bug or other error on my side, or just the way this works.

If not a bug or error, which line of the codes may I approach?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Plugin Author Sergio De Falco

(@sgr33n)

Hi,
    can you provide an url and the text used?

Thread Starter reckus

(@reckus)

hi,

the url is: https://slowlyaspossible.net/writings/
    but i guess this wouldn’t help because there’s literally nothing between <div class=”entry-content”> and </div>.

this page is supposed to display a list of articles, subpage by subpage, and the first line of the first subpage is:
    박종주, 「차별금지법, 우리의 삶을 셀 수 있도록」 (『워커스』 69호, 8월)
    there follows lines which the have same structure with this on each subpage.

regards.

I have the same symptoms as described by @reckus 🙁

It happens with the classic editor in my articles that I imported from MPP version 1.3.7 where this feature worked.

But it also happens on a fresh installation like the one in this example:

No text before first shortcode / but on subpage 2… (admin view)

With text before the first shortcode / (admin view)

It is not possible to change the default title as in previous versions.

Plugin Author Sergio De Falco

(@sgr33n)

Hi,
    Can you explain how can I reproduce this?
    Thanks!

(@sgr33n)

Fixed on the upcoming 1.5.9.

Sorry, I didn’t see the previous posts.

I wanted to report a bug that didn’t show the block when used in conjunction with the Classic Editor enabled for other posts on the site, but I see it’s been fixed in 1.5.10.

Thanks for the quick response.

However, for some strange reason using the Classic Editor plugin + MPP shortcode, the beginning of the paragraph is rendered wrong (part of the shortcode is shown). This apparently only happens when you start the page with a shortcode to customise the title.

You can see it in action here and this is how it’s built so you can reproduce it.

Using v.1.5.10

(@sgr33n)

Found it.
    I will fix it in 1.5.11.

Thanks!

Updated with the new version and it works fine, I’m going to install it on my production site. Thank you very much!

But sorry to abuse your professionalism: some texts seem to be missing in the TinnyMce button of the classic editor, look here. It’s not vital, take your time 😉

Thanks!

(@sgr33n)

It’s concerning the 1.5.10 update, where I updated the way to implement blocks.
    Will fix in the next version, thanks for your feedback.

(@sgr33n)

Cannot reproduce this one. Do you have the language file installed?

The language files are inside the plugin and intact. I installed the site and MPP in Spanish and later changed the site setting to default English (en_US). To test, I deleted the es_ES translations that WP gets automatically. I reset the site language to es_ES which forced to download the new spanish language files from the repository but everything is still the same. It seems that the language settings in the user profile do not influence this.

So, neither English nor Spanish texts are displayed. However, on my production site this does not happen, although it might work because of existing legacy files from previous versions.

I don’t quite understand.

(@sgr33n)

I tested both with and without legacy language files. Cannot reproduce.

Well, it must be a one-off. Let’s let it go.

Regarding the above updates, I’m sorry to say that they don’t seem to work on my staging site.

What happens is that the empty page is generated when I try to customize the first title. That is, starting the post with a shotcode. It happens both in classic editor and with blocks, in pre-existing content and new posts. I’m still testing to isolate the bug. Any ideas on what to check?

(@sgr33n)

How can I reproduce this?

Sorry, it doesn’t seem to be that serious. I wasn’t using the appropriate MPP version.

Environment: legacy content from MPP 1.3 versions.WP 5.6.1+ MPP 1.5.11. With Classic Editor plugin 1.6: settings Default editor for all users – Classic editor / Allow users to switch editor – Yes (these two settings seem to be irrelevant).

Whether in pre-existing classic content or a new post created with the classic editor, starting with a shortcode generates a first page (‘domain.com/page/’) without the subsequent text and without table of contents. If we access the url of successor subpages (‘domain.com/page/2/, 3/, 4/, …’) we will see the text attached to the previous shortcode (subpage) and not the text that would correspond. It scrolls through all the pages and creates an additional page.

Code:

[nextpage title="Custom subpage title"]00_ Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

[nextpage title="Section 1"]01_ Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. 

[nextpage title="Section 2"]02_ Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Generated output: page 1

(empty)

Generated output: page 2

Section 1
    00_ Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Generated output: page 3

Section 2
    01_ Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Generated output: page 3 (or show all subpages)

Section 3
    02_ Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

(…)

However, it seems to work if we start our post in the classic editor by inserting the comment markup generated by the block editor, using the code editor view.

Code that makes it work when using the classic editor:

<!-- wp:multipage/subpage {"title":"Custom subpage title"} -->
    [nextpage title="Custom subpage title"]
    <!-- /wp:multipage/subpage -->
    00_ Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

[nextpage title="Section 1"]01_ Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. 

[nextpage title="Section 2"]02_ Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘[1.5.7.] first subpage not displayed’ is closed to new replies.