The Vale

The Vale

View Stats:
Interrupts feel untrustworthy ... ??
In combat, when an opponent starts a heavy attack, I'm supposed to be able to launch a fast counterattack that interrupts my opponent's attack. Unfortunately, it feels like the interrupt often doesn't work. I'll hear the windup, strike the opponent, hear my strike hit, and then still get hit myself. It's frustrating. Is this a timing issue? Am I doing the interrupt too late to actually stop the attack? Any ideas on what I'm missing here?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Aron_dc Mar 28, 2022 @ 2:27pm 
I have the feeling this happens mostly if you interrupt shortly before the actual strike would hit you. But I also think the blow doesn't hit that hard then (again just a feeling from taking damage like this a few times).

So I'd guess it's only "bad" timing.
Makes sense. As I got more skilled, I could recognize the cues earlier (heave strike vs fast strike) and start my counter earlier. The earlier counters were much better at interrupting strikes. Which makes sense.
Shizumaru1352 Jul 10, 2022 @ 9:22am 
It's also sometimes an armor thing. Some heavier enemies can and will have I frames while winding up, unless you get a lucky crit in. But yes, if you attack too late you'll both hit each other. So it could be either one.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50