Inkulinati

Inkulinati

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Inkmila  [developer] Jan 31, 2023 @ 8:43am
Bugs and Issues
Found a bug, experienced a weird issue?

Share it here with us, and we'll try our best to help you out with it!

The more details you write down along with your computer specs, the easier it will be for us to get to the bottom of your issue!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 77 comments
kraken Jan 31, 2023 @ 2:26pm 
Hi,
found out something weird happens with ui. I did something like this:
1. Clean save (first time playing). Complete basic tutorial
2. Get back to main menu, select advanced tutorial.
3. Get overwhelmed by the length, don't even start it, return to main menu from the advanced tutorial "map" screen.
5. Select campaign mode, select normal difficulty.
6. Start messing with the character creation (i believe selected innkeeper + orange colour)
7. Select some unavailable beast set then reselect to the accessible default one.
8 BUG > `Next` button doesn't trigger any action, however it's working visually fine (correct unityengine.ui.button selectedState on pointerDown). Seems like onclick action is null or muted. Same bug goes for the `Next` button within `Rename` popup.

Solution: buttons works fine after game restart.
Inkmila  [developer] Jan 31, 2023 @ 3:29pm 
Originally posted by kraken:
Hi,
found out something weird happens with ui. I did something like this:
1. Clean save (first time playing). Complete basic tutorial
2. Get back to main menu, select advanced tutorial.
3. Get overwhelmed by the length, don't even start it, return to main menu from the advanced tutorial "map" screen.
5. Select campaign mode, select normal difficulty.
6. Start messing with the character creation (i believe selected innkeeper + orange colour)
7. Select some unavailable beast set then reselect to the accessible default one.
8 BUG > `Next` button doesn't trigger any action, however it's working visually fine (correct unityengine.ui.button selectedState on pointerDown). Seems like onclick action is null or muted. Same bug goes for the `Next` button within `Rename` popup.

Solution: buttons works fine after game restart.

Thank you for the detailed description of your issue, super helpful :)
I'm glad restarting the game did help!
emerald_dream Feb 1, 2023 @ 7:12am 
Don't know if this is a bug but I have an exclamation mark next to Academy even though I've finished the whole tutorial.
Sir_Beardsworth Feb 2, 2023 @ 1:53pm 
Just purchased and launched game on PC. Main menu appears, but I am unable to click anything. Trying to highlight an option (eg-Academy, Settings, etc) with the cursor displays a brief color change over the selected field that quickly vanishes and clicking anywhere has no effect. The only way I can even exit is to open task manager with keyboard commands and "End Task". Tried shutting down, relaunching, and updating Steam with no effect. Also restarted computer and verified game files. Previously, I had played the demo last December(?) and didn't have this issue, though there was an issue where highlighted pop-ups would not remain that was fixed by the second day.--Computer: Intel Core i5-9400f, Nvidia GeForce 1660, 24 GB memory, Win 10
Edit: on fourth attempt, managed to register a "click" on the Settings field. The field highlighted and the letters became bold, but otherwise no effect.
Last edited by Sir_Beardsworth; Feb 2, 2023 @ 2:27pm
Inkmila  [developer] Feb 2, 2023 @ 2:34pm 
Originally posted by Sir_Beardsworth:
Just purchased and launched game on PC. Main menu appears, but I am unable to click anything. Trying to highlight an option (eg-Academy, Settings, etc) with the cursor displays a brief color change over the selected field that quickly vanishes and clicking anywhere has no effect. The only way I can even exit is to open task manager with keyboard commands and "End Task". Tried shutting down, relaunching, and updating Steam with no effect. Also restarted computer and verified game files. Previously, I had played the demo last December(?) and didn't have this issue, though there was an issue where highlighted pop-ups would not remain that was fixed by the second day.--Computer: Intel Core i5-9400f, Nvidia GeForce 1660, 24 GB memory, Win 10

Hey there, we're aware of this issue and we're already investigating it.
Would you also let us know if you happen to have a 4K monitor?
Sir_Beardsworth Feb 2, 2023 @ 2:37pm 
Originally posted by Inkmila:
Originally posted by Sir_Beardsworth:

Hey there, we're aware of this issue and we're already investigating it.
Would you also let us know if you happen to have a 4K monitor?
No, I do not have 4K monitor. Thank you for the timely reply and your active efforts!
NL Feb 7, 2023 @ 2:14am 
Hello,
After 17 hours and only 1 crash, i just got this glitch. Mortis was about to draw a character and then he just stopped. My 2 characters are idling with the 3 ink spots moving up and down but i can't move the screen. I can press escape, settings, quit to menu etc...
I was about to defeat him ! is he cheating ?? :)

https://ibb.co/c68KCvk
Last edited by NL; Feb 7, 2023 @ 2:15am
Cathus Feb 7, 2023 @ 7:00am 
Hey there,
So, it was my Bishop-like Creature's action, and I tried a Mass Healing, except none of the targets were viable, although I could choose them as targets. (It was Tiny Inkulinati, empty space, full-health Bishop-like Creature). As soon as I clicked on the action, the game froze. I could move the view around, but the action choices all disappeared, and nothing happened when I clicked on things. I had to ESC out and quit.
Tried to report as a bug, but it looks like the bug form isn't currently accepting new responses.

In the fight against Death, I quit out of the battle and loaded back in, and now my character won't finish their turn. If I try to use the push right action or try to rest, the game just sits. I can click on other characters, mouse around the screen but it doesn't complete the turn and move on to the next character. Happy to send a crash report if there's an easy way to do so!

Edit: Was able to resolve by using the damage power on my tiny inkulinati, killing them and starting the level over.
Last edited by Rampaging Owlbear; Feb 8, 2023 @ 9:33pm
sibéalteangacha Feb 9, 2023 @ 1:23pm 
I just bought the game last night, and, for some reason, it crashes immediately after the initial credits screen, just after the cursor turns into a hand. I tried updating Windows just in case it was a DirectX issue, and the problem persists.
System specs:
Win 10 Pro 10.0.19045
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 6-core processor
Bioas: American Megatrends Inc. A30 3.9.2020
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
sibéalteangacha Feb 9, 2023 @ 1:45pm 
Update: It turns out that the problem was that Comodo Antivirus had contained it by default. Once Inkulinati is whitelisted, the problem appears resolved
Inkmila  [developer] Feb 10, 2023 @ 2:38am 
Originally posted by sibéalteangacha:
Update: It turns out that the problem was that Comodo Antivirus had contained it by default. Once Inkulinati is whitelisted, the problem appears resolved

Interesting! Thank you for letting us know about it :)

Also, we're working on some fixes on the reported issues, so stay tuned! Thank you for speaking up about the problems that you've faced in our game, it helps us a lot :)
GLaDOS Feb 10, 2023 @ 9:38am 
The ingame bug report leads to a deadend site.
Also I can't unlock the "Student Ambition" achievment. Already played through all lessons during the demo, but even replaying everything does not unlock it
The Rabid Raccoon Feb 10, 2023 @ 12:04pm 
I would like to play this game but there seems to be an issue when running through the steam deck as the game will struggle to load even though i can hear the background music.
Avion Feb 12, 2023 @ 2:37pm 
I played story up until Godfrey and lost, then left. Now I restarted the game but when I continue I can't click anything on the map, so I can't start the battle, though the icons react on mouse hover. I already tried restarting the game.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 77 comments
Per page: 1530 50