GUILTY GEAR

GUILTY GEAR

View Stats:
Game goes in turbo
games goes in turbo very fast, how to solve this problem?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Patrol1985 Aug 6, 2021 @ 5:58am 
By default, the PC version of Guilty Gear has uncapped frame rate. Since it was originally designed to be played at 60 frames per second you have to manually limit the frame rate to 60.

You can do it in a number of ways. Assuming you have an Nvidia GPU, you can go to "NVIDIA Control Panel" -> 3D settings management -> program settings tab -> add (and navigate to Guilty Gear folder to select it) -> set the "maximum rendering frequency" to "60" -> save settings

Please note that the above option is available only if your GPU drivers are fairly new, so update them to the newest version if you don't see the option to limit the rendering frequency.

And there you go - you can play Guilty Gear at 60 frames per second, the way it was designed to be played. Please note that I translated the tab and settings names so they may be different in English or your language, but you'll find them.

If you have an AMD GPU then I believe the same can be done, but I can't check it now as my computer has an Nvidia card.

External programs can limit frame rates as well - I believe the RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistics Server) has such a possibility.

If you still don't know how to do it please let me know - I will try to help.
Last edited by Patrol1985; Aug 6, 2021 @ 5:59am
Sharcman May 22, 2022 @ 12:07am 
Originally posted by Patrol1985:
By default, the PC version of Guilty Gear has uncapped frame rate. Since it was originally designed to be played at 60 frames per second you have to manually limit the frame rate to 60.

You can do it in a number of ways. Assuming you have an Nvidia GPU, you can go to "NVIDIA Control Panel" -> 3D settings management -> program settings tab -> add (and navigate to Guilty Gear folder to select it) -> set the "maximum rendering frequency" to "60" -> save settings

Please note that the above option is available only if your GPU drivers are fairly new, so update them to the newest version if you don't see the option to limit the rendering frequency.

And there you go - you can play Guilty Gear at 60 frames per second, the way it was designed to be played. Please note that I translated the tab and settings names so they may be different in English or your language, but you'll find them.

If you have an AMD GPU then I believe the same can be done, but I can't check it now as my computer has an Nvidia card.

External programs can limit frame rates as well - I believe the RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistics Server) has such a possibility.

Thanks a lot for this, it did the tick. I appreciate the help.
Patrol1985 May 22, 2022 @ 2:02am 
Originally posted by Sharcman:
Thanks a lot for this, it did the tick. I appreciate the help.

You're welcome - I'm glad you found the post useful :)
Pringles Jun 12, 2022 @ 5:03pm 

Wow, I didn't know games made in 1998 had 60 FPS!! I thought 60 fps was just 10 years ago haha
Patrol1985 Jun 13, 2022 @ 2:53am 
Originally posted by Pringles:
Wow, I didn't know games made in 1998 had 60 FPS!! I thought 60 fps was just 10 years ago haha

Not at all! Games used to run at a very high frame rate very early in the history of video games. To provide an example - Wolfenstein 3D from 1992 could run at as high a frame rate as 75. The 30 fps became a standard later because games kept looking better but were supposed to run on consoles whose internal hardware wasn't as powerful as in PCs so some compromises had to be reached.
ccotunai Sep 14, 2022 @ 3:12pm 
thank you!
Patrol1985 Sep 15, 2022 @ 4:25am 
You're welcome :)
DR. Punishment Oct 24, 2022 @ 8:26pm 
what if the computer is a 60fps computer ?
Pringles Oct 24, 2022 @ 9:09pm 
Originally posted by DR. Punishment:
what if the computer is a 60fps computer ?
Then the game will run in 60 FPS!
PossiblyZack Mar 20, 2023 @ 6:13pm 

I tried limiting my fps with AMD Radeon but it still plays in turbo, Im not sure how to fix it.
Patrol1985 Mar 20, 2023 @ 10:00pm 
Originally posted by Zack_switch:
I tried limiting my fps with AMD Radeon but it still plays in turbo, Im not sure how to fix it.

Perhaps try using a 3rd party application, such as RTSS, to do it.
Fahdi Aug 29, 2023 @ 4:34pm 
Thank you. My game was running at 4x speed.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50