Supraland

Supraland

View Stats:
Rattle Hag - Why, just why? What was the idea here?
First to say, I've been really enjoying the gameplay loop up to this point, when out of nowhere after 6 hours of playtime, the game turns into an obligatory arena shooter with a boss fight and minions with the general puzzling/exploring gameplay taking a distinct backseat (turning off the shield generators).
Up to this point, enemies remained damaged upon your death. Not here! Rattle Hag resets, with endless minions at her disposal!
I was playing on the steam deck, but since the game insisted on being an FPS arena shooter (and I kept dying) , I had to switch back to my desktop PC for mouse aiming. ( Could have made the game run slower, I suppose, never tried that.) That made the fight bearable.
I just really don't understand the thought process for making this part of the game.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
DavidM  [developer] Jun 20 @ 4:11pm 
it's a puzzle. if you solve it the combat is easy peasy.
Cuzzx Jun 20 @ 4:23pm 
Originally posted by DavidM:
it's a puzzle. if you solve it the combat is easy peasy.
I have solved the puzzle. Her health pool is way too high even when she takes full damage. The fight was only manageable for me with keyboard and mouse (played the whole game on the Deck's native controls up to this point without issue.)
My point is that this was so alien to the core gameplay loop up to this point that this should have either been optional, or keeping her health pool permanently reduced between attempts.
Anyways, it's off my chest now, have a nice day.
DavidM  [developer] Jun 22 @ 6:43am 
If you disable all shields it's easy to kill with a hand full of blaster combos.
Additionally you can get the splash damage upgrade and damage upgrades to the blaster then it's also easy peasy.
Cuzzx Jun 23 @ 3:16pm 
Originally posted by DavidM:
If you disable all shields it's easy to kill with a hand full of blaster combos.
Additionally you can get the splash damage upgrade and damage upgrades to the blaster then it's also easy peasy.

Thanks but I've already killed her when I posted about it. I also did turn off all the shields and had a lot of the gun upgrades.
Last edited by Cuzzx; Jun 23 @ 3:16pm
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50