Planet Zoo

Planet Zoo

View Stats:
Vendor can't enter gift shop?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3238055353

I don't understand why they can't find the shop. As you can see, the path is connected.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Saena May 3 @ 12:35am 
Have you assigned him to the shop or the work zone it's part of? Is there power? Did you maybe accidentally close the shop manually?
chasbar May 3 @ 2:43am 
I was hoping this problem had been fixed. Shops have never worked and have always had this issue. At least this is true in an existing zoo in Franchise mode. Everything is fine until the vendor takes a break. I have not tried the shops in a new zoo. The modular shop is a great idea. If only it worked. Guests have no problem entering. Maybe one should grab him by the hand and show him the way in.
Last edited by chasbar; May 3 @ 2:44am
This is a continuation of a bug that hasn't been fixed yet. It seems to randomly occur and once it does it seems no modular shops in that zoo will work. Haven't sorted it out if it's a building piece issue or a map issue. Could be just related to path finding errors with the shop legal path logic too.
Frontier_Ikaros  [developer] May 3 @ 7:11am 
Hey there,

This is currently being discussed by our development team.

We should have a fix very soon!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I haven't tried these shops yet, so I don't know if there's supposed to be a door ledge in between the path and door.
Livia May 3 @ 9:46am 
*sigh*

First time actually trying this, sad it's a bug that is still going on. Thank you, Frontier for responding though. I guess I'll turn that section into my amphibian house instead.
Varick May 3 @ 11:59am 
Livia, it is the way in which the path is placed that, I believe, is causing the problem. Granted it should not be a problem and Frontier should fix the bug but here is what I have found when using the shops.
Here is a screen shot I just did in sandbox to explain. The vendor in in the background can be fired, leave shop, rehired and has no problem entering the shop. The vendor in the foreground can be fired, leave shop, and then when rehired can not enter shop. Same if leave for break and try to come back.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3238562651

What I have found is I have to let the shop's auto path connect to the main path and not place a path from the main path to the shop. Even though the main path to shop connects it messes up the vendors navigation for some reason.

Having said all this and you did let the shop's auto path connect to the main path, I might have been just lucky.
Last edited by Varick; May 3 @ 12:02pm
chasbar May 3 @ 1:08pm 
Originally posted by Frontier_Ikaros:
Hey there,

That is good news and is appreciated. I found the problem exists even when no construction is used. It will be nice to have it working properly. Thanks for the hard work put in by Frontier's employees.
Livia May 3 @ 1:20pm 
Originally posted by Varick:
Livia, it is the way in which the path is placed that, I believe, is causing the problem. Granted it should not be a problem and Frontier should fix the bug but here is what I have found when using the shops.
Here is a screen shot I just did in sandbox to explain. The vendor in in the background can be fired, leave shop, rehired and has no problem entering the shop. The vendor in the foreground can be fired, leave shop, and then when rehired can not enter shop. Same if leave for break and try to come back.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3238562651

What I have found is I have to let the shop's auto path connect to the main path and not place a path from the main path to the shop. Even though the main path to shop connects it messes up the vendors navigation for some reason.

Having said all this and you did let the shop's auto path connect to the main path, I might have been just lucky.
It was an autoconnect on my part. Why does your example have two entrances (the Planet Zoo logo)?
Varick May 3 @ 3:29pm 
There are not two entrances; they are two separate shops. I wonder why auto connect works for me but not for you. Well, hopefully, Frontier will get it fixed.
The last patch said it had fixed it. Often deleting things and then Redo sometimes fixes some problems. A problem I often get with the new shop is they keep turning Synchronise off!
Hey there,

I have a similar problem. I can't assign a vendor directly to the modular souvenir shop. Need to make a work-zone with the counters to assign a vendor to the shop, but then he won't help out on other shops if needed.
Originally posted by Dutchrevenge:
I have a similar problem. I can't assign a vendor directly to the modular souvenir shop. Need to make a work-zone with the counters to assign a vendor to the shop, but then he won't help out on other shops if needed.

It's often better to assign a group of vendors to multiple shops within a single work zone. This strategy normally keeps fresh staff at shops with the need for fewer staff. Generally four vendors for every three shops is a good starting point.
shoubun Jul 9 @ 8:16am 
Hey there,

Is there a solution to this? I still have this bug today
Originally posted by shoubun:
Hey there,

Is there a solution to this? I still have this bug today

In general the issue has been fixed. There are still random events like this but rare. Older builds created before the 1.7 updates that had the issue sometimes retain the issue.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50