BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

Is this a bad game?
the rating are mostly positive but i see some review not recommending this game. what make this game so bad?
Originally posted by Petralicious:
As someone who really loves this game (so, mind the bias) - it's not for everyone. You either love it or hate it.

It's a crazy dishonest anime tag fighter, so for people more into honest fundamentals it's very degenerate and "kusoge". It's also got a very small playerbase so finding matches - let alone a good match for you - is very difficult.

I would recommend it only if you are into more out-there fighters (like tag fighters usually are, and generally anime things such as Guilty Gear (not Strive) or BlazBlue), and have some people to play/learn it with.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
As someone who really loves this game (so, mind the bias) - it's not for everyone. You either love it or hate it.

It's a crazy dishonest anime tag fighter, so for people more into honest fundamentals it's very degenerate and "kusoge". It's also got a very small playerbase so finding matches - let alone a good match for you - is very difficult.

I would recommend it only if you are into more out-there fighters (like tag fighters usually are, and generally anime things such as Guilty Gear (not Strive) or BlazBlue), and have some people to play/learn it with.
I've played a handful of matches. In my opinion, if you play this with limited game knowledge(not talking about overall fighting game knowledge), it's really, really fun. However, when you play with a mindset of optimizing potential, it turns into white-hot garbage in a hurry. I had a lot of good times playing with other people who weren't too serious about the game. But as soon as I played people who were very optimized, whether I was holding the controller or not didn't change the outcome any.

If you can just play some scrubby matches with your friends it'll probably be a good time. But I'd stay away from turning into a high-stakes pursuit. As the individual above me stated, the "kusoge" starts to shine big time. Maybe you're into that? It's for only you to decide.
Yeah if tag game sandwiches into unseeable 50/50 mix into guess for death doesn't sound hilarious to you you will probably not like it.
Last edited by Petralicious; Jul 6 @ 2:58am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50