Slay the Spire
Best games like Slay the spire and monster train rn? i dont have a lot of cash so i can only buy a couple of them
i got literally hundreds of hours in slay the spire on my phone it makes the time goes faster its like magic. I also love train monster, i tried other games like this but i didnt enjoy them probbly cause they were cheap. Idk if its relevant but i tried darkest dungeon and i didnt like it :(
So anyways any info :P
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
vault of the void, balatro
Nami Jul 3 @ 9:11pm 
Originally posted by Lil brekky:
vault of the void, balatro
thanks! i hear about that balatro one but i have never played poker or anything related :(
hard to identify what exactly you're looking for - I really like Trials of Fire, Ratropolis and Against the Storm. they're all different in their own right though.
Romaki Jul 4 @ 8:10am 
From the games I've played, I think Sea Horizon comes closes to the synergy of this game.
mldb88 Jul 4 @ 10:32am 
I've been playing a lot of Touhou Lost Branch of Legend lately. Borrows a lot from other deckbuilders/TCGs and does a pretty solid job. Still in early access but has 4 characters, 4 difficulties, 7 layers of modifiers, and honestly could be considered "done" in terms of base game stuff. They're mostly just balance tweaking and adding more characters afaik.
LHGreen Jul 4 @ 1:18pm 
I guess World of Horror could technically be considered this, as it has all the info on "cards".

There's also Dream Quest, the original (to the best of my knowledge) roguelike deck-builder.

Lol, or you could always try Last Evil.:lunar2020playfuldog::distrusttricky:
Last edited by LHGreen; Jul 4 @ 1:19pm
mldb88 Jul 4 @ 1:25pm 
Originally posted by LHGreen:
I guess World of Horror could technically be considered this, as it has all the info on "cards".

There's also Dream Quest, the original (to the best of my knowledge) roguelike deck-builder.

Lol, or you could always try Last Evil.:lunar2020playfuldog::distrusttricky:

Freaking love WoH, one I keep going back to from time to time, but it definitely feels like the strategy behind it is a lot more subtle and not as overt and in your face like in a traditional deck builder. Feels more like a digital choose your own adventure-lite with more roguelike/rpg elements.
LHGreen Jul 4 @ 2:09pm 
Originally posted by mldb88:
Feels more like a digital choose your own adventure-lite with more roguelike/rpg elements.

Lol, true.
Inscryption wasn't bad, but I'd recommend looking into it, see if you like the style.
It's theme is darker and the campaign has some puzzle elements.

Originally posted by Nami:
thanks! i hear about that balatro one but i have never played poker or anything related :(
Balatro does not require you to understand poker.
The poker hands and their scores can be looked at any time during the game.
You can also check your remaining deck at any time.

The fun in Balatro is modifying your deck and modifying how different poker hands are scored.
e.g. the most broken and highest scoring late game build in balatro is high card, the lowest normal poker hand. (playing a single card)

The satisfying thing in Balatro is seeing how numbers go big.
Your run starts with a normal deck and you struggle getting 1000 points with all you hands added together. By the end of the run you'll score tens of thousands of points with each hand you play.
I think there's an achievement for scoring 100.000.000 points with a single hand.
Wildfrost
Kamltoe Jul 9 @ 4:58pm 
Across the obelisk
Zadavaka Jul 13 @ 2:12am 
Slice & Dice
It's a top-tier roguelite game. It based on dices not cards, though it has resembling decision making process, powerful combos of character's skills and relics, and some very interesting and fun designs available. Main designer of S&D is really strong guy.
I value Spire a little bit more, because it has more tools to control RNG. Main downside of S&D that it's just too random. I haven’t experienced such annoying defeats for a long time - random can abuse you in the most dirty, savage way. The only similar thing that comes to mind is like in XCOM when you have three misses in a row with a hit probability of 95%.
Slice & Dice is very exciting game nonetheless.
Last edited by Zadavaka; Jul 13 @ 2:12am
LHGreen Jul 13 @ 4:04pm 
Lol, if you just tell us a sob story, I'm sure mldb88 will buy you whatever you want!:steamhappy::steammocking::steamlaughcry:
Last edited by LHGreen; Jul 13 @ 4:04pm
Khor Jul 13 @ 6:24pm 
lol too soon:lunar2019crylaughingpig:
I really wish I saw more people talking about Zet Zillions. Its very rough around the edges (I think it should probably have been marked as early access since even the 'story' isn't done yet but they've been adding more to it with updates) but its very stylish and what it does differently from other deckbuilders makes it really stand out to me. Its definitely on the easier side, but its cheap and a very refreshing change of pace for me after 100%ing StS.
Its a shame too, because its clear the developers have a passion for making games but its their second game thats basically flying under everyone's radar.
Last edited by Somebody'sWatchingMe; Jul 25 @ 8:44am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50