Double Dragon IV

Double Dragon IV

View Stats:
Weapon G Feb 18, 2018 @ 2:14pm
Any more Double Dragon titles coming to Steam?
Last night I was talking about Double Dragon with a friend and decided to see if Steam had any of the titles. Quickly, I noticed the Double Dragon Trilogy (arcade), Double Dragon IV (not initially realizing that this was a new game done for fans of my personal favorite, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge on NES), and Double Dragon Neon. I remembered seeing Double Dragon Neon on Steam before but passed it over because of the new visual style. However, I was like what the hell.. and bought all 3. Today I beat Double Dragon through Double Dragon IV and started Double Dragon Neon. I then decided I needed some rest from gaming so here I am!

Now I wonder if we have any chance of any other Double Dragon titles coming to PC, new or not. Double Dragon 2: The Revenge (NES) and Super Double Dragon are definitely the 2 I am the most interested in getting. I'd also welcome a Double Dragon V that takes place after this game. Double Dragon IV is probably my favorite Double Dragon on PC so far. That is because it has the gameplay that I loved so much from Double Dragon 2: The Revenge. Not only that, but it is the only one to have the NES style as well.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
SyruS*SwisS Aug 16, 2018 @ 12:21pm 
The best Double Dragon game is the one on the GameBoy Advance. You have to try it ;)
🍋 Lemonfed 🍋 Aug 21, 2018 @ 10:06pm 
I fully agree on that , it's not just look better then the original nes or arcade game it's also play much better.

Originally posted by SyruS*SwisS:
The best Double Dragon game is the one on the GameBoy Advance. You have to try it ;)
Sergeant Skyhigh Sep 8, 2018 @ 8:42am 
check out openBOR there are tons of awesome homebrew DD games (plus they are free)
Big Chimpin Oct 23, 2018 @ 2:49pm 

Yep, that's what I've been saying for years. Best Double Dragon game you'll ever play and still is.
svfn Jan 7, 2019 @ 4:10am 
Double Dragon 2: The Revenge on NES is also my fav, would be nice to see it on Steam, but maybe there is some other issues why they won't bring it on.

otherwise it works just fine emulated on fceux.
Neo 🦎 May 27, 2019 @ 9:53pm 
dunno :yay: :steamsad:
vic_viperman Jul 25, 2019 @ 9:43pm 
Originally posted by Big Chimpin:

Yep, that's what I've been saying for years. Best Double Dragon game you'll ever play and still is.
only thing that was bad in it was that crouch into uppercut breaks the game, the enemy AI cannot deal with it. I think of it like the elbow from DD1 arcade. I truly wish the DD IP would fall into the hands of fans that truly loved it. I think Wayforward clearly missed the mark with double dragon neon, but I also believe that the game was not targeted at fans of the oldschool arcade or NES game either.
Last edited by vic_viperman; Jul 25, 2019 @ 9:46pm
green_abobo Aug 21, 2019 @ 4:27am 
the wayforward gba is sik indeed. neon is very good. did it ever get online mp?

hoping for return of dd, ala super dd import. that red cartridge hates my snes. :steamfacepalm:
Last edited by green_abobo; Aug 21, 2019 @ 4:28am
Tony Nov 29, 2022 @ 3:45am 
Super Double Dragon on SNES is not bad either
Marginal Jan 21, 2023 @ 1:32am 
Revenge of Double Dragon (Japanese version of Super Double Dragon) is a treat if you like Super Double Dragon. They revamped some of the moves and changed the levels a bit.
Yakumo Yomi Apr 20, 2023 @ 5:54pm 
It's a shame they didn't port the Zeebo one. That one was apparently a lot better than most were expecting, but being Zeebo exclusive means that it's essentially lost (since Zeebo emulation isn't a thing, and I think all Zeebo games were digital and were completely delisted).
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50