GUILTY GEAR 2 -OVERTURE-

GUILTY GEAR 2 -OVERTURE-

View Stats:
How hard is this game?
I heard a fairly seasoned fighting game player (DingDongVG) on a stream say that Guilty Gear 2 is one of the games he's had a harder time figuring out. Once he did figure it out, he said something to the effect of "it's fun but not the greatest thing ever". So I want everyone here to tell me if the game truly is "hard to learn" even by fighting game standards.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Shax Jul 6 @ 6:41am 
There is a lot to learn for sure.

The best way to learn is to use the resources and people in here - https://discord.gg/5PCtEBCpSQ
Last edited by Shax; Jul 6 @ 7:31am
This isn't really a fighting game. It is an action-RTS with some fighting game elements. Playing the game involves creating and directing units at the same time that you directly control the hero and slash at enemies. Controlling the tactics and the fighting at the same time is what can make it difficult to learn.

I think many people don't like this game because it is named "Guilty Gear" but isn't a fighting game. If you want an RTS in which you can control the hero unit with MOBA or hack-and-slash controls, or if you wish you could give more detailed orders to your army in Dynasty Warriors, this is the game. If you were looking for a fighting game or a Guilty Gear game, this isn't it. It does have some problems, but a few of us keep playing it because it's fun and there's nothing else like it.
Griffith Jul 9 @ 12:10pm 
Originally posted by LaconicShock:
This isn't really a fighting game. It is an action-RTS with some fighting game elements. Playing the game involves creating and directing units at the same time that you directly control the hero and slash at enemies. Controlling the tactics and the fighting at the same time is what can make it difficult to learn.

I think many people don't like this game because it is named "Guilty Gear" but isn't a fighting game. If you want an RTS in which you can control the hero unit with MOBA or hack-and-slash controls, or if you wish you could give more detailed orders to your army in Dynasty Warriors, this is the game. If you were looking for a fighting game or a Guilty Gear game, this isn't it. It does have some problems, but a few of us keep playing it because it's fun and there's nothing else like it.
I'm not sure how much of what you said applies to me, but I'm the kind of person who can easily overlook flaws in a game if what it's doing is unique enough, so your message definitely helped me.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50