INFERNO CLIMBER

INFERNO CLIMBER

View Stats:
Illessen Aug 1, 2016 @ 9:12pm
How do you level up cooking?
I got the second purgatory stone, and the cooking table at the base aquired and set, but there's no xp bar for the cooking table like I got for forging. Am I missing some item or unlock that lets me level up cooking?
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
peri0013 Aug 1, 2016 @ 11:30pm 
books
Illessen Aug 2, 2016 @ 6:57am 
Ok, I have to read a book to start leveling up cooking, but where is it?
peri0013 Aug 2, 2016 @ 7:28am 
Good question, I belive a few is in the desert labyrinth
pengi10 Aug 2, 2016 @ 8:23am 
I have found four books in total, I'll put their locations here for anyone that needs help.

1. Black Rock Cave, the room with a ton of jellies that you access via teleporter
2. Waterway, one of the rewards for the puzzles hidden behind destructible walls
3. Golden Road, on a rooftop near some carrion dogs. You'll have to jump on pots to reach it
4. Soul Prison, there is a stairway near the center of the area, use the path on the right
Illessen Aug 2, 2016 @ 8:48am 
Thanks a bunch, i know of at least where the waterway is, maybe the cooking book is there. I made the mistake of going back to the tutorial area with bombs and got 2 characters cursed with no means of getting holy water reliably, I'm hoping that cooking will let me craft them before too long.

Edit, found volume 2 cooking in the waterway so volume 1 is somewhere before then and it looks like it doesnt have xp like the forge unless the forge getting xp is a bug.
Last edited by Illessen; Aug 2, 2016 @ 10:53am
pengi10 Aug 2, 2016 @ 11:23am 
Near as I can tell the only way to rank cooking is through book use. As for Volume 1, Black Rock Cave is the second half of the Caves, you actually took a side route to reach the Waterworks. You'll know your in the right area when you start seeing boulders.

Also, you may be happy to find out that there is a place in Black Rock Cave with respawning Holy Water. It's pretty dangerous though, when you enter the room with the Holy Water you'll be locked in until you kill a pretty tough enemy.
Illessen Aug 2, 2016 @ 12:45pm 
Yeah I found the respawning holy water, but not the cooking book in the black rock cave. Funny enough I head the tale tale hiss of those monsters and knowing better from my tutorial level exploits I inched forward to the point he went after me but the doors didnt lock. As for finding the room again, it feels so much like a maze I can't keep my bearings straight and I found a smithing book in there, I don't doubt a cooking book is there somewhere in there though. A map would be great but I totally understand that would take away a lot of the difficulty to the game.
Deyvson Jan 20 @ 11:25am 
The cooking book is behind a breakable wall, the same kind you used to get the blacksmithing book.
Last edited by Deyvson; Jan 30 @ 2:41pm
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50