MELTY BLOOD Actress Again Current Code

MELTY BLOOD Actress Again Current Code

View Stats:
game0575 May 1, 2021 @ 4:10am
Game Crashing on game selection
Running into an issue where I start up the game normally everything is working fine until I reach the selection hub. Once I click any of the options the game crashes. Any one have any potential ideas on why this is happening?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Red May 1, 2021 @ 4:22am 
Try verifying the game's files through Steam, it often helps with unexpected bugs and crashes.
Z3n May 1, 2021 @ 6:32am 
Any info on the crash? Is the error logged in the Event Viewer?
game0575 May 1, 2021 @ 4:48pm 
Thanks for trying to help !
@Red gave that a shot and unfortunately no luck still encounter the same issue
@z3n yeah I get this error from the event viewer
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll
I have no idea what this could be related to

A temporary fix I found:
I tried messing with the _app configuration settings and set it to fullscreen for some reason that seemed to fix the issue. I also need to have some sort of audio device plugged in for it to work.

few extra small issues:
Seems pretty tedious though because for example if I try adding wireless controller connection, I have to boot it up then connect my controller then restart the game.
Afterwards if I somehow exit the app with the home controller button the game refuses to close.

Just curious but these problems never seemed to have been addressed by the publishers/developers?
Red May 2, 2021 @ 7:05am 
Originally posted by game0575:

A temporary fix I found:
I tried messing with the _app configuration settings and set it to fullscreen for some reason that seemed to fix the issue. I also need to have some sort of audio device plugged in for it to work.

few extra small issues:
Seems pretty tedious though because for example if I try adding wireless controller connection, I have to boot it up then connect my controller then restart the game.
Afterwards if I somehow exit the app with the home controller button the game refuses to close.

Just curious but these problems never seemed to have been addressed by the publishers/developers?
This port is starting to be old and some issues cropped up with Windows and Steam updates (mostly controller issues); I'm suspecting the issue you mentioned with the game crashing without fullscreen is due to that. As for the rest, they might not have been spotted back when the game was released, or the source of the problem might not have been found, or they might not have had resources to fix them or didn't deem them important enough to fix. In any case, these issues still exist, but thankfully there are ways to avoid them.

About controller quirks, a good rule of thumb, especially with ASW games, is to plug your controller into your computer before booting the game up.
khuuzi May 3, 2021 @ 11:19am 
Originally posted by game0575:

A temporary fix I found:

few extra small issues:

how do you make it fullscreen?
game0575 May 3, 2021 @ 7:20pm 
the normal way should be by (I would recommend trying this first)
1.) launching the game and selecting options
2.) to change screen mode from window to full screen
3.) then apply by selecting change screen

But this would cause my game to crash (my personal case, may not happen to you).

what I had to do was
1.) go to your steam directory (wherever you set it up)
steamapps\common\MELTY BLOOD Actress Again Current Code\System
2.) click and open the _App file (its extension is configuration settings)
3.) when the file is open
look for Windowed= 1
replace the 1 with 0
which would look like
Windowed= 0 save the file and launch the game should be full screen now
hope this helps
Last edited by game0575; May 3, 2021 @ 7:21pm
i know this thread is pretty old and all
but what worked for me is simply in the source file removing the movie file from the folder made the game stable
dunno why but it worked
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50