BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend

View Stats:
Why is the game really jaggy at 1080p
I got a new monitor that can go up to 1080p60 (Up from 1280x1024p75) and the game is really jaggy. From the UI elements to the characters and stages. The only resolution where there arent jaggies is 768x1366 oddly enough.
I have tried all AntiAliasing solutions but to no avail. This happens only in this game. I do not have jaggies in GGXX, Melty Blood Type Lumina and Under Night.
What would be the issue?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Red Jul 14, 2023 @ 8:08am 
The game's internal resolution is 1280x768 and any other resolution is scaled from it using the in-game upscaler, which seems to be nearest neighbour scaling. This results in an extremely "chunky" look. Long story short, just use 1280x768 (or the cropped version for 16:9, 1280x720) and let your GPU handle the upscaling work. It will likely be bilinear scaling, but it's still better than the game's upscaler.
saurinho2 Nov 20, 2023 @ 5:31pm 
Originally posted by Red:
The game's internal resolution is 1280x768 and any other resolution is scaled from it using the in-game upscaler, which seems to be nearest neighbour scaling. This results in an extremely "chunky" look. Long story short, just use 1280x768 (or the cropped version for 16:9, 1280x720) and let your GPU handle the upscaling work. It will likely be bilinear scaling, but it's still better than the game's upscaler.

Hey, I am having that same problem, but when I press F11 or Alt+Enter the game won't upscale, what should I do?
dmdgc11 Mar 30 @ 10:54am 
the blazblue arcsys games are all disgusting, with runny textures... there is only the 1st of the no which is perfect for this exercise and the centralfiction where they tried to correct this problem, I don't understand why it doesn't correct this problem very boring on all their games which have it... not cool of them.:steamfacepalm:
Red Mar 31 @ 2:00pm 
Originally posted by saurinho2:
Originally posted by Red:

Hey, I am having that same problem, but when I press F11 or Alt+Enter the game won't upscale, what should I do?
Late but look into your GPU's settings to see what scaling option is in use, in addition to the game's settings where it should be 720p or 768p.

Originally posted by dmdgc11:
the blazblue arcsys games are all disgusting, with runny textures... there is only the 1st of the no which is perfect for this exercise and the centralfiction where they tried to correct this problem, I don't understand why it doesn't correct this problem very boring on all their games which have it... not cool of them.:steamfacepalm:
Ports (and even games in general most of the time) typically only get support for a given period after their release, then are considered "done" and don't get updated anymore unless there's new content or features in the works or actually required fixes.
BBCSE and BBCPE are among the oldest ASW game ports, and it doesn't help that they're published by another company so ASW can't exactly just do as they please. I hate that situation too and wish the PC versions were the best they could be, but there's little anyone not working at ASW can do.

Also BBCT's original port was handled by a different company and not ASW's PC team, but even that game has issues of its own. And the Steam release is in a weird situation, being the last in a chain of ports meaning some extra bugs might have been introduced.
Last edited by Red; Mar 31 @ 2:02pm
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50