BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Red May 6, 2016 @ 2:45am
[FIX] If your game crashes after a while on Windows 10...
If your game crashes after a while after you launch it (it can be ten, fifteen, thirty minutes...) AND you're using Windows 10, try the following steps :

- close tabtip.exe, also known as "Tactile Device Manager", "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel" or "Tablet PC Input Panel Accessory" (I still have to check the official name on Windows 10), through the Task Manager, it should solve the problem;

- if this doesn't work, and you don't have/need a tactile screen on your computer, disable the "Tablet PC Input service"/"Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service" through "services.msc" (just enter the name in the Windows search bar, look for the service in the list, right-click, Properties, and set it to "Disabled"); if this still won't work, do the same with the "Touch Keyboard" service;

- if your game keeps crashing after that, unplug any tactile device such as a graphic tablet (if your game crashes instantly, that may fix it as well).

For Chinese players :
Originally posted by ruritukinagi:
“Tablet PC Input Service”在win10下被更名为“Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service” ,“tabtip”在中文系统的名字是“触摸键盘和手写面板”
Originally posted by ruritukinagi:
"Tablet PC Input Service" under the win10 was renamed "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service", "tabtip" in the name of the Chinese system is "触摸键盘和手写面板"

I hope this thread will be helpful and reduce the amount of "game keeps crashing" threads.

If following the steps described in this thread do not solve your problem though, please create another thread to describe your issue and computer specifications more in detail.
Last edited by Red; Oct 21, 2016 @ 8:45am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
It should be pinned since no one will use search :mbnyufufu:
Last edited by 匚闩丂丁仨尺; May 6, 2016 @ 3:10am
alexyl alcohol May 6, 2016 @ 2:32pm 
hi,
how do you close tabtip.exe? :0
Red May 6, 2016 @ 2:48pm 
Originally posted by 舞神:
hi,
Through the Task Manager (I'm saying this just in case, but make sure to use the advanced mode aka "More details" for it, to show all the processes that are running and not only the ones you can see in your taskbar). Ctrl + Shift + Esc, or the good old Ctrl + Alt + Del.
Last edited by Red; May 6, 2016 @ 2:49pm
alexyl alcohol May 7, 2016 @ 9:57pm 
Originally posted by Red:
Originally posted by 舞神:
hi,
Through the Task Manager (I'm saying this just in case, but make sure to use the advanced mode aka "More details" for it, to show all the processes that are running and not only the ones you can see in your taskbar). Ctrl + Shift + Esc, or the good old Ctrl + Alt + Del.
thank you!
Rotlung May 8, 2016 @ 1:05pm 
Shini, please pin this thread!
Red May 8, 2016 @ 2:35pm 
Originally posted by Rotlung:
Shini, please pin this thread!
As far as I can remember, Shini has never interacted (at least directly) on BBCPE's Steam forums (I remember him communicating indirectly through a tweet telling he didn't like much the global "bug thread" where people went to report their bugs and it clearly was a huge mess)... So maybe it's H2 Interactive that's in control of them. But since ASW is the dev, maybe they have some kind of control...
Anyways, I've made this thread so that people can see it clearly instead of creating a new one only to ask the same question over and over, since most people won't browse the threads (and the ones containing the answers usually have ambiguous names). So I hope that it will be fine even if it's not pinned, as long as it remains in a visible spot, so on the top of the first page of the game's Steam forums.
Abyssalrift May 13, 2016 @ 11:45pm 
Another possible fix that helped me was to disable Touch Keyboard under run>services.msc, probably most helpful for touchscreen laptop users.
Red May 14, 2016 @ 3:10am 
Ok, I'm going to add "Disable the Touch Keyboard" to the list. Thank you very much! :)
Tsukiko May 14, 2016 @ 2:25pm 
so, how does this work then on a tablet-laptop like the SurfacePro4 that this really can't be disabled or removed on? :S this crashes on my SP4 going into any char selection screen
Red May 14, 2016 @ 5:41pm 
Originally posted by Tsukiko:
so, how does this work then on a tablet-laptop like the SurfacePro4 that this really can't be disabled or removed on? :S this crashes on my SP4 going into any char selection screen
Close the processes while you're playing, I think that should work. I'm not using Win 10, just reposting what I've read everywhere, sorry ^_^'
Tsukiko May 14, 2016 @ 6:27pm 
the named processes are not appearing in task manager on SP4 in win10 or in the services lists. saying that, i'm also reluctant to disable touch/pen function on the surface pro 4 since that's like 90% what this tablet is about :S if i could see the service i could turn it off for the game and back on afterwards and use keyboard but neither are appearing on the list
Red May 15, 2016 @ 3:15am 
the named processes are not appearing in task manager on SP4 in win10 or in the services lists. saying that, i'm also reluctant to disable touch/pen function on the surface pro 4 since that's like 90% what this tablet is about :S if i could see the service i could turn it off for the game and back on afterwards and use keyboard but neither are appearing on the list
I agree that you shouldn't try it without an external mouse and keyboard set.
I've checked on Windows 8.1 (since there is tabtip.exe on Win 8.1 too, but it doesn't prevent the game from running), and if you do have a mouse and keyboard that you can use instead of the touchscreen and virtual keyboard while you're playing, you can close tabtip.exe in the processes (not the services), except it will probably not have the name tabtip.exe (instead, something like "Touch keyboard and handwriting panel manager" or something like that, I don't know for sure since this is a translation I've made from the name my OS displays in French). Then, you can start it again afterwards using Win + R, then entering "tabtip.exe".
Hope that helped :)
Last edited by Red; May 15, 2016 @ 3:21am
Tsukiko May 15, 2016 @ 7:16am 
I've checked on Windows 8.1 (since there is tabtip.exe on Win 8.1 too, but it doesn't prevent the game from running), and if you do have a mouse and keyboard that you can use instead of the touchscreen and virtual keyboard while you're playing, you can close tabtip.exe in the processes (not the services), except it will probably not have the name tabtip.exe (instead, something like "Touch keyboard and handwriting panel manager" or something like that, I don't know for sure since this is a translation I've made from the name my OS displays in French). Then, you can start it again afterwards using Win + R, then entering "tabtip.exe".
The SP4 has a keyboard/mouse attachment which i can use during play :-) i'll give this a shot later when i get on the laptop :-D
Tsukiko May 16, 2016 @ 2:07pm 
Nope, turned off "touch keyboard" service and it still crashes (touch screen still works on SP4 after this). i can see no other service running that is to do with the touchscreen. hmmmm
Red May 16, 2016 @ 3:05pm 
Nope, turned off "touch keyboard" service and it still crashes (touch screen still works on SP4 after this). i can see no other service running that is to do with the touchscreen. hmmmm
It's not only the Touch Keyboard, it's also the Tactile Device Manager you need to close (from what I've read), so you might need to find a way to totally disable any touch functionality on Windows 10 to get your game to work.
Sorry I can't really help you finding out the solution myself though, I don't really want to "upgrade" to Windows 10 (even though Win 8.1 is clearly not the best version either).
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
Per page: 1530 50