Guilty Gear X2 #Reload

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload

This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Flo Sep 6, 2014 @ 11:17am
How to Play Guilty Gear X2 #Reload Online!
#Reload fans may be aware of ggxxnet, a fanmade patch that enables netplay for Guilty Gear X2 #Reload. Since its creation roughly 7 years ago, it had only functioned properly on Japanese retail copies of GGX2#R. However, thanks to recent efforts undertaken by Steam user BANANAPA, a workaround was created that enables ggxxnet to be used with the Steam release of #Reload.

The guide below will help you set up ggxxnet and run you through all of its features (custom palettes, replays, spectating, etc.):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310603808

Last edited by Flo; Sep 6, 2014 @ 11:19am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 63 comments
Brandon Sep 6, 2014 @ 11:40am 
Nice guide!

I have a question, what happens if you play with v-sync on? Does that cause it to desync?

Oh just realized you didn't cover port forwarding. Is that still applicable?
Last edited by Brandon; Sep 6, 2014 @ 1:17pm
Flo Sep 6, 2014 @ 4:58pm 
Originally posted by GoyoElGringo:
Nice guide!

I have a question, what happens if you play with v-sync on? Does that cause it to desync?

Oh just realized you didn't cover port forwarding. Is that still applicable?

ggxxnet supposedly performs better at static framerates, so turning vsync on would probably be for the best. I'm not 100% sure about this myself, but I've seen players in the server lobby who have their personal message set to "turn vsync on", so I'll assume I'm correct for now.

And yes, you should forward whatever ports you've set ggxxnet to use for optimal results.
Last edited by Flo; Sep 6, 2014 @ 5:01pm
Coffeeling Sep 7, 2014 @ 1:42am 
IF YOU WANT TO PLAY OFFLINE, ALWAYS CHECK GGXXNET_CONFIG SETTINGS AND UNCHECK "ENABLE NETWORKING".

Why? Because if "Enable Networking" is checked, it applies the selected input delay to every game mode, even offline ones like local versus, arcade and training mode. This, obviously, is bad.

The one interesting application for it is to leave networking on so you can practice online timings in practice mode. Apart from that, you're just shooting yourself in the foot by leaving "Enable Networking" checked.

So always check your settings people.
Slaskburk Sep 7, 2014 @ 2:04am 
Originally posted by Coffeeling:
IF YOU WANT TO PLAY OFFLINE, ALWAYS CHECK GGXXNET_CONFIG SETTINGS AND UNCHECK "ENABLE NETWORKING".

Why? Because if "Enable Networking" is checked, it applies the selected input delay to every game mode, even offline ones like local versus, arcade and training mode. This, obviously, is bad.

Ah, that's right. Thanks for pointing it out! Will add a note about this in the guide.
Last edited by Slaskburk; Sep 7, 2014 @ 3:12am
TheRealDealReece Sep 7, 2014 @ 4:05am 
Thanks a lot for this, I used to play GGO on the Japanese ver but I will be sure to pick this up again.
Last edited by TheRealDealReece; Sep 7, 2014 @ 4:06am
Taka Sep 7, 2014 @ 9:55am 
So uh... question...

Does this netplay patch also work for the old GOG edition of the game?
Brandon Sep 7, 2014 @ 10:09am 
Originally posted by Not A Bear:
So uh... question...

I can think of no reason why it wouldn't.
Flo Sep 7, 2014 @ 10:12am 
So uh... question...

To my knowledge, the old GoG release and the Steam release are functionally identical. It should work just fine.
Taka Sep 7, 2014 @ 10:21am 
Originally posted by Flotilla:
So uh... question...

To my knowledge, the old GoG release and the Steam release are functionally identical. It should work just fine.

Well, I've got the GOG version and followed the guide, and I see people in the lobby but everyone either says No Response, Ping Over or Busy (Casting). What's the deal?
Flo Sep 7, 2014 @ 10:31am 
Originally posted by Flotilla:

Well, I've got the GOG version and followed the guide, and I see people in the lobby but everyone either says No Response, Ping Over or Busy (Casting). What's the deal?

The guide covers a bit of this, but let me explain more:

No Response can occur because you are not accepting information from the other player because their ping is too high. ggxxnet automatically prevents you from accepting matches against players with ping over a certain threshold. This functionality can be disabled by going into your #Reload install folder, opening ggxxnet.ini in a plain-text editor, and changing "IgnoreSlowConnections" from 1 to 0. Additionally, No Response can occur when viewing ghosted players; players who have already left the lobby, but continue to occupy a spot. There will always be a few of these around, so don't worry about them.

Ping Over occurs when your OPPONENT has IgnoreSlowConnections set to 1. You can't fight these guys unless they set it to 0, and they probably won't be keen on doing that. Sorry!

Busy (Casting) occurs when a player is already ingame. If you share a very low ping with them and they have broadcasting enabled, you can spectate their game. Otherwise, you will need to wait until their game concludes before attempting to play with them.

Players who you can play with are marked "Idle".

EDIT: Added a whole new section to the guide on this, hope it helps.
Last edited by Flo; Sep 7, 2014 @ 11:12am
Jotamide Sep 7, 2014 @ 1:14pm 
This is awesome news. Thanks to everyone involved!
iskander1989 Sep 8, 2014 @ 11:32am 
How can i create a room game? What is the minimum ping to play the game? cause i cannot see players with "idle" status...
Flo Sep 8, 2014 @ 11:40am 
Originally posted by iskander1989:
How can i create a room game? What is the minimum ping to play the game? cause i cannot see players with "idle" status...

If you are in the server lobby and are not in a menu, you should appear as idle to other people, and can be challenged by them. If you are seeing a lot of "No Response" statuses, follow the advice I gave above on how to mitigate that issue. People who are marked "Busy (Casting)" are currently playing a game, and may be idle soon.

As with most multiplayer games, #Reload's online community has its peak hours, and sometimes there won't be many people nearby to challenge. Just try again at a later time, or leave the game idle in the lobby and wait for an opponent as you do other stuff.

For more information on the statuses you see, check out the guide; I added a new section all about it just a few hours ago.
Last edited by Flo; Sep 8, 2014 @ 11:40am
Frank Sep 8, 2014 @ 3:38pm 
You guys publishing this would have the power to implement this in the base game, wouldn't you? Might be something to think about, get some more sales by advertising that the game just comes with netplay
Brandon Sep 8, 2014 @ 3:59pm 
Originally posted by Tobias:
You guys publishing this would have the power to implement this in the base game, wouldn't you? Might be something to think about, get some more sales by advertising that the game just comes with netplay
I'm not sure, but I don't think they can sell a user-made patch. I think the patch is on github as well.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 63 comments
Per page: 1530 50