Thrasher

Thrasher

YinYin Dec 8, 2023 @ 12:48am
What makes this a racer?
That in the description of a Thumper looking game had me really excited, because I've been looking forward to free form racing elements in there that were scrapped during development. (full width track without lanes)

But mechanically this looks like osu! or other pointer based hit & evade games instead.

edit: this also puts a lot of racers into the similar games panels on the store page and likely puts this game on a lot of racer store pages as similar

all the while Thumper is not in that panel ...
Last edited by YinYin; Dec 8, 2023 @ 1:38am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Mortal Dec 8, 2023 @ 10:34am 
That's what worries me, I love Thumper, I'm a big fan, but the big question I have with this game watching the trailer is if you can really move or are you just static with 360º movement

I think that if you could move as if it were REZ, it would be incredible and immersive, the great immersion and speed that Thumper transmits is due to the movement it transmits to the player, even if it is linear, but standing still moving my hands would only reduce my immersion and fun, and I don't doubt that it will be a great game, but I have this big doubt and I wish the best for this project.
YinYin Dec 8, 2023 @ 1:49pm 
Of course! REZ makes much more sense as a reference.

But that is also a rail shooter and not a racer.
Origami Dec 8, 2023 @ 7:57pm 
I also don’t get the “racer” part at all, it all seems to happen on a static screen?

Being VR is a big disappointment… but I wish the team success as I absolutely loved Thumper.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 8, 2023 @ 12:48am