Life Eater

Life Eater

View Stats:
Stuck on year 9 (spoilers)
My assumption with the prompt is to find two people who are family, however, all attempts to find this have either lead to me running out of time before zimforth obliterates me, or me guessing the wrong people. What clues am I meant to be looking for here?

Right now my tactic is to look for schedules that match up, though it's proving to be quite ineffective and just wasting my time.
Last edited by Chi-0; Apr 24 @ 8:48pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Saint Nik Apr 23 @ 11:14pm 
Originally posted by Chi-0:
What clues am I meant to be looking for here?
Okay bro. Check and try it one by one please, dont rush to the solution.

Minor spoilers Coloured activities are the key. Study them carefully with your eyes.

Bigger spoilers There's a small text at the bottom of each activity. Check coloured ones. Try to think why is it called this or that.

Huge spoilers This small text, file name is the same for your victims

The solution Shopping with mom person and mom call person are your victims
Originally posted by Saint Nik:

Minor spoilers Coloured activities are the key. Study them carefully with your eyes.

Bigger spoilers There's a small text at the bottom of each activity. Check coloured ones. Try to think why is it called this or that.

What's the point of the two pairs of "have sex" tiles then that imply some sort ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ going on? Are they just red herrings?
What's the point of the two pairs of "have sex" tiles then that imply some sort ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ going on? Are they just red herrings?

Haha I was confused about that too. Heavy spoilers ahead ppl.
Actually I thought that sharing blood means two people having sex with the third one. Like Alex have sex with Ashley and Sam have sex with Ashley => Alex and Sam share the blood

But the game is way more pure than that. The point is people having sex cant be relatives. It's some sort of clue to help you solve the riddle
But the game is way more pure than that. The point is people having sex cant be relatives. It's some sort of clue to help you solve the riddle

This is correct. In fact, in playtesting, there originally wasn't an explicit action between Doug and Oriana that proved THEY weren't siblings. Them having sex on Sunday was added a bit before launch to provide that (and some intrigue -- are they cheating? are they poly? ooh, drama!).

I also felt weird every time I uncovered a block of people having sex, and that felt right for a game about spying on people -- it's supposed to make you feel weird and bad.
Last edited by ANGRY TUNA; Apr 24 @ 8:12am
Saint Nik Apr 24 @ 11:42am 
Originally posted by ANGRY TUNA:

This is correct. In fact, in playtesting, there originally wasn't an explicit action between Doug and Oriana that proved THEY weren't siblings. Them having sex on Sunday was added a bit before launch to provide that (and some intrigue -- are they cheating? are they poly? ooh, drama!).

I also felt weird every time I uncovered a block of people having sex, and that felt right for a game about spying on people -- it's supposed to make you feel weird and bad.
Yeah I feel you. Exactly this way it was bloody strange to uncover for some reasons.
Chi-0 Apr 24 @ 6:00pm 

Thought I went ahead and checked this one and got a fail condition, strange, I'll give it a try again
Chi-0 Apr 24 @ 6:02pm 
I did end up with the slight issue though where I never ended up being able to uncover mom call, I didn't have enough time to check all the blocks several times over and it ended up just being a game of change on if I had enough time left or not, makes this year kind of frustrating
Chi-0 Apr 24 @ 6:12pm 
Just tried the suggestions, still got "Wrong targets" once I finished. I think the mission is just impossible at this point, I give up.
Just tried the suggestions, still got "Wrong targets" once I finished. I think the mission is just impossible at this point, I give up.
It is possible. Strategy is the key. Try this.
We use common sense here.
1. Dont check first and last activities ever. They just sleep. Dont check common activities near sleeping. Its meal.
2. Dont check 3-4 ppl activities ever. You are not interested in while looking for relatives.
3. You need short activities 2 ppl involved in. Its sex. You see sex - these ppl are not relatives for sure
4. 2 ppl. 1 short common activity, 1 long common activity in a row. Thats driving and shopping. Bang! 1 relative found.
5. There are 2 couples having sex. Persons A, B and C. D doesnt. Person A is the relative for example. So we have another one victim here already, you dont even need to find mom call
6. But if you need it mom call is the short activity for 1 person.
7. From now on you just need to collect some info about relatives and its ez pz
And for the love of God use spoilers.
Chi-0 Apr 24 @ 8:45pm 
This is all information I already knew, and I placed it into the correct targets, it just doesn't work
WhatNames  [developer] Apr 24 @ 10:18pm 
Hi Chi-0! Could you tell me which people you put in and what steps you took in the ritual for them? We'll take a look in the backend and make sure you're all sorted out so you can finish out strong.
Can also confirm I've checked the ritual in the game editor and everything appears to be working. Based on the version I have, the answer should be as such:

Target 1: Andrea Dillard. Ritual: Left Lung, Pancreas, Rib 22.
Target 2: Jared Simmons. Ritual: Left Lung, Large Intestine, Rib 22.

You can find out they're siblings on Thursday when they receive back-to-back calls from their mother, which are color-coded to match, and have their mother's name (Leanne) in the description.

Actually I thought that sharing blood means two people having sex with the third one. Like Alex have sex with Ashley and Sam have sex with Ashley => Alex and Sam share the blood

I'm ngl my dumb brain thought that the red sex tiles were red to imply some taboos going on with the "sharing blood" thing LMAO. I guess it really was just to add intrigue on infidelity or polyamory or whatever
Originally posted by "have sex" - shinzo abe:

I'm ngl my dumb brain thought that the red sex tiles were red to imply some taboos going on with the "sharing blood" thing LMAO. I guess it really was just to add intrigue on infidelity or polyamory or whatever
Yeah exactly. Its so red it looks like something wrong is going on here.
Hi5
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50