Balatro

Balatro

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Report a bug here!
Found a bug in Balatro? Please pop the details in here!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 170 comments
Screen darkens after playing Balatro
After playing Balatro, even after quitting the game and quitting Steam, my desktop is darkened, as if the brightness is turned down. Brightness is still set to the highest. It's as if dark mode was turned on, and only fixed by restarting the PC. Any thoughts?
Nesi Feb 1 @ 3:58am 
The same thing just happened to me, I didn't realise it was related!
Missing most sounds and all music?
For some reason the only sounds that I can hear while playing are the basic tick noises for clicks and the noise when you beat a blind. I can only assume there's supposed to be more, and I don't get any music at all.

I've checked my in-game audio settings, and the volume sliders are up and all my other system sounds are working, other games sound fine, etc.

Any ideas for how to fix this? Game is still super fun, but I feel like I'm missing part of the experience.
Last edited by CRSBenjamin; Feb 20 @ 7:55am
Originally posted by 𝙎𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙪𝙢 ⑨:
I managed to fix the sound, you need to download the openal binaries https://www.openal-soft.org/openal-binaries/ , then in the
zip, take the file "soft_oal.dll" in bin/win32 and to rename it "OpenAL32.dll" and replace the one present in the game files.

This worked for me
akaplan1 Feb 20 @ 7:49am 
Same - never had this issue in the demo.
Tass Feb 20 @ 8:41am 
I am experiencing the same issue as the OP which I did not have in the demo. Only the ticks/clicks from SFX is available, no music and no other SFX.

Originally posted by Brock and Load:
I managed to fix the sound, you need to download the openal binaries https://www.openal-soft.org/openal-binaries/ , then in the
zip, take the file "soft_oal.dll" in bin/win32 and to rename it "OpenAL32.dll" and replace the one present in the game files.

This worked for me

Following these steps and the game does not even load when I hit the run button from steam library. It crashes immediately. I tried the latest binary zip 1.23.1 and the 1.23.0 one and in both instances after I extracted, renamed and replaced in the game files, the game does no load.

If anyone else has any comments/thoughts about it, please feel free to share.
Tass Feb 20 @ 8:45am 
Originally posted by Tass:
I am experiencing the same issue as the OP which I did not have in the demo. Only the ticks/clicks from SFX is available, no music and no other SFX.

Originally posted by Brock and Load:

This worked for me

Following these steps and the game does not even load when I hit the run button from steam library. It crashes immediately. I tried the latest binary zip 1.23.1 and the 1.23.0 one and in both instances after I extracted, renamed and replaced in the game files, the game does no load.

Fixed by using the bin/win64 folder .dll and not the bin/win32 one as the steps mentioned.

Fixed by using the bin/win64 folder .dll and not the bin/win32 one as the steps mentioned.

This also worked for me! Thanks for the help everyone.
I can't mark my own post as the answer but here it is:

However, for me and another user, we needed to use the dll from the bin/win64 folder of the downloaded zip file.
Schewby Feb 20 @ 11:16pm 
Having the same audio issue but I am dense and not able to understand what to do with the directions mentioned. Would anyone be willing to make the directions a little more easy going?
Dandrall Feb 20 @ 11:53pm 
Originally posted by Schewby:
Having the same audio issue but I am dense and not able to understand what to do with the directions mentioned. Would anyone be willing to make the directions a little more easy going?
You'll want to download the most recent file from that link. then open it and go into the bin folder, then into the win64 folder. You will copy the soft_oal.dll file then go to the Balatro game files and replace the OpenAL32 with the soft_oal.dll file. You will then need to rename soft_oal.dll to OpenAL32.dll and then it should work.
cnote824 Feb 22 @ 5:57pm 
Hoping this gets fixed! Love the game but it's a hassle having to restart my computer every time I play.
Goblin Feb 22 @ 6:01pm 
Sounds like the same issue another thread was about. Except there they said it was the game turning off HDR, which if that's what's causing it for you you should be able to just toggle the HDR setting in Windows to get it back to normal. Still less than ideal, but better than having to reboot.
Catalyst Feb 22 @ 7:45pm 
Same issue. Trying to play windowed mode, but it keeps flashing the brightness. I even have auto-HDR turned off.
Yeah same issue with it messing with HDR
< >
Showing 1-15 of 170 comments
Per page: 1530 50