Balatro

Balatro

View Stats:
THIS SUCKS
IVE BEEN PLAYING THIS STUPID GAME FOR 14 HOURS AND I CANT BEAT IT ONCE I CANT EVEN GET PAST THE 6TH ANTE I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT IM DOING WRONG OR HOW I COULD DO ANY BETTER HELL I LOST THE TUTORIAL MAYBE IT IS A SKILL ISSUE BUT I FEEL LIKE 14 HOURS ON THE DEFAULT DECK HAS TO BE A LITTLE MESSED UP. :steamthumbsdown::steamthumbsdown::steamthumbsdown:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Have you unlocked any new jokers? If yes, then you're making progress even if you haven't "won" yet.
Have you been taking advantage of scaling jokers?
Have you been taking advantage of xMult and +Mult both?
Have you been taking advantage of planets?

Or have you locked yourself into "play a flush every time," skip the blind for a rare tag, and buying whatever looks good?
go for flush + Jupiter + a joker that gives mult for a suit + remove all other cards / get more of that suit
BaconX Jul 8 @ 6:55pm 
Always think about your winning hand, and build around that hand with jokers, planet, and tarot cards.

On white stake, if you're going for flush, build around what kind of flush you're gonna play. If you're gonna play all hearts, maybe get jokers that will give you mult for playing hearts, get the Sun tarot card and make more heart suits in your deck, and always look for Jupiter planet cards to scale your flushes.

Remember also that joker order matters, so your xMult jokers should go at the right side of your chips/+Mult jokers.
I've tried to cull my deck appropriately but I always end up just flopping on a random blind but i did NOT know that order mattered. I do appreciate the advice and i will use it in my future decks
viro94 Jul 8 @ 7:05pm 
also be careful of committing to a single suit early unless you face the boss blind that disables that suit already or it could pop up and brick your deck in the late game
Some took 30+ hours to get their first win. Then they kept playing and won soon after.
Then got to a point where they can win almost every time.

You learn, you learn some more and once you're passed the threshold, you'll win at will on white stake. Unlocking more jokers does help too, if you want to focus on unlocking more of them for a few games.

Progress can be measured by other metrics than win rates.

Free tips:
Skipping blinds = bad. In doubt, don't skip.
Bank interest. Good economy = easier time.
An economy joker found early is a plus, but don't hesitate to sell it later if needed, say at ante 6 or so.
In doubt, keep at least 1 joker that gives + chips.
Keep at least 1-2 jokers that give + mult
Try to have 1-2 jokers that give x mult
Position your x mult jokers to the right of your lineup, for bigger scores. Order matters.
If some of your jokers are scaling ones, it's better. Especially when found early.

Good luck, you got this! :jimbo:
Last edited by malogoss; Jul 8 @ 11:41pm
Just did a run in which i focused on the order of my mult jokers and it was my best run so far so i see how my lack of understanding of game mechanics hindered my runs
HmansORG Jul 8 @ 10:42pm 
I used what i learned in this discussion thread and i won my first game this is a win for america
malogoss Jul 8 @ 10:47pm 
Originally posted by CarcinoGeneticist:
I used what i learned in this discussion thread and i won my first game this is a win for america

LMAO. Well done, GG! :gros_michel:
Draco18s Jul 8 @ 11:10pm 
Originally posted by CarcinoGeneticist:
so i see how my lack of understanding of game mechanics hindered my runs

This is a common... problem
Glad we could help out. People always complain about RNG and get told its a skill issue. Oh sure, there's RNG, but if you're on white stake? Its a skill issue. Those that listen and change up their approach by listening to suggestions see what they were doing wrong and change their opinion.
Dedut Jul 9 @ 1:22am 
I feel so good once you unlock the joker that disabled boss blind, ahh i feel so good almost like having seks with my girlfriend
I was in your shoes until I realized some jokers have a multiply sign instead of a + you need a solid mixture of chip addition add multi and multiply multi to get far. Once I realized my mistake I started winning nonstop and have currently beat every deck on white stake difficulty.

For instance there is a joker that add x1.5 multi for every king held in hand (meaning not played).

So say you play a hand that has a base multi 10 fr easy maths. and you hold three kings

that muti doesnt become 14.5

it becomes 10x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 33.75

once I realized this the white stake became laughably easy to hit on the first turn on ante 8 im currently stuck on ante 11 in endless mode.

ALSO SUPER IMPORTANT JOKER POSITIONING MATTERS IN WHAT ORDER THEY TRIGGER. YOU DONT WHAT YOUR MULTIPLY MULTI DO GO OFF BEFORE YOUR ADDITIVE MULTIS
Last edited by False Prophet; Jul 9 @ 5:21am
Here is an obvious thing that i didnt pay attention to until today and i won twice today and i only ever won one before. I kinda knew this but i didnt use it or think about it. Writing this out i feel like a moron not putting this info in practice.

No matter how many cards you discard it only counts as one discard.
Example, You start with 4 discards, if u want you can discard 5 cards and it only counts as one discard. You can discard 1 card and that also counts as 1 discard. Therefore you can manipulate your deck alot more depending on what you are looking for ie face cards or a certain suit, whatever.

Jokers in the right spot is the most important tip though, as people stated
Last edited by strandd505; Jul 9 @ 10:47am
malogoss Jul 9 @ 10:51am 
Originally posted by strandd505:
Here is an obvious thing that i didnt pay attention to until today and i won twice today and i only ever won one before. I kinda knew this but i didnt use it or think about it. Writing this out i feel like a moron not putting this info in practice.

No matter how many cards you discard it only counts as one discard.
Example, You start with 4 discards, if u want you can discard 5 cards and it only counts as one discard. You can discard 1 card and that also counts as 1 discard. Therefore you can manipulate your deck alot more depending on what you are looking for ie face cards or a certain suit, whatever.

Jokers in the right spot is the most important tip though, as people stated

Don't feel bad about that!

In the demo days, it took me forever to realise that cards held in hand could be dragged and moved. As a result, it was impossible for me to make a copy of an ace with the Death card, for example. Good times, haha!
Last edited by malogoss; Jul 9 @ 2:33pm
Back in the salad days, haha. Now youre an olde pro, malogoss.
This is Fun lil game
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Per page: 1530 50