Balatro

Balatro

View Stats:
Do we know if steam workshops support is coming at some point down the pipeline?
title
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Birck Jul 2 @ 11:12pm 
If it was easy I'm sure it would already be in the game, there are mods but you have to alter the files to add them.
Mr. T Jul 3 @ 3:34am 
I hope so. Bought it to play with mods but my lack of tech skills make it impossible to install them. Followed 3 guides by now, wasted dozens of hours, still no luck.
Originally posted by Birck:
If it was easy I'm sure it would already be in the game, there are mods but you have to alter the files to add them.

I'm hoping that it isn't since people who mod find the game accessible to alter because of LUA and other stuff I don't understand even a fraction of. I'm sure that in itself doesn't factor in workshop support but I hope (please lord all mighty) the developer is aiming for this and not deciding against it for fear of "hurting future dlc" or whatever another reason could be other than the technical difficulties.

There are a bunch of mods but sadly it is very not easy for random people to access, or even find mods based on rating/quality/last updated etc. because it's just a huge list of random stuff on github. Almost none of them get uploaded on nexus and the few that are are pretty much 95% cheat mods and not content (which at least I am most interested in).

I guess my TLDR is simply hoooooly hell would steam workshop blow up and be SO increadibly amazing for this game which we all love so dearly <3
Melodia Jul 3 @ 2:45pm 
Most mods are easy once you get Steammodded installed. Just download a file or a few and put it in a DIR.
Birck Jul 6 @ 8:19pm 
Originally posted by Wheelchair Murdura:

I'm hoping that it isn't since people who mod find the game accessible to alter because of LUA and other stuff I don't understand even a fraction of. I'm sure that in itself doesn't factor in workshop support but I hope (please lord all mighty) the developer is aiming for this and not deciding against it for fear of "hurting future dlc" or whatever another reason could be other than the technical difficulties.

There are a bunch of mods but sadly it is very not easy for random people to access, or even find mods based on rating/quality/last updated etc. because it's just a huge list of random stuff on github. Almost none of them get uploaded on nexus and the few that are are pretty much 95% cheat mods and not content (which at least I am most interested in).

I guess my TLDR is simply hoooooly hell would steam workshop blow up and be SO increadibly amazing for this game which we all love so dearly <3

Mods can generate more revenue for a developer, one game for instance that has insane mod support is Slay the Spire. I believe without a doubt that the best mods for that have made the game far better, and more appealing to buy.

♥♥♥♥ Bethesda has made bank on modders making their games better and until recently they were selling Skyrim so much it was ludicrous.
Last edited by Birck; Jul 6 @ 8:19pm
Originally posted by Wheelchair Murdura:

Mods can generate more revenue for a developer, one game for instance that has insane mod support is Slay the Spire. I believe without a doubt that the best mods for that have made the game far better, and more appealing to buy.

♥♥♥♥ Bethesda has made bank on modders making their games better and until recently they were selling Skyrim so much it was ludicrous.

I agree completely, I think it would be a huge benefit for the game. Just saying that I hope that the developer embrace mods and not to be deterred for making it easier for everyone to get new free content. I don't think a lot of developers are like that though which is great, bethesda is an amazing example of letting players make their games into the best version it can be. I also returned recently to STS becasuse of mods. It gets people playing, talking and spreading the love no matter if the game released yesterday or 10 years ago.

I for one will for SURE buy every single ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ little piece of future DLC ever being released for Balatro day 0 and that's the easiest promise I've ever made. Doesn't matter if theres a workshop with a trillion 5* mods, this developer is worth every cent of it.
Xaelon Jul 8 @ 5:14pm 
There are already mods for the game: https://www.nexusmods.com/balatro
Originally posted by Xaelon:
There are already mods for the game: https://www.nexusmods.com/balatro

Yes I know, but it would be way more convenient to have workshop support. Not everyone knows how to install mods and steam does it for you with the workshop, streamlining the whole process
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50