Lunar Lander Beyond

Lunar Lander Beyond

View Stats:
Horrible artwork
Just looking at the trailer, the artwork looks terrible and was a complete turnoff to me.

That's just a knee-jerk reaction, admittedly. Maybe I'll download the demo and give it a genuine shot.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
goopah Mar 17 @ 2:50am 
The original game completely nailed the artwork, and it didn't even really have any. Just the stark beauty of the vector graphics really conveyed the loneliness of space very well. And the utter simplicity of the gameplay is what keeps it fresh for me, and still playing it many decades later.

I suppose that adding color will appeal to more folks, but I am more interested in the additional gameplay elements they appear to have added. I guess I'll try the demo, and if they got the physics right, making a more complex game might work. We'll see.

In my opinion, the Lunar Lander genre got it right from the vector graphics era, and never needed to be 'improved.' I've been happy with the many free versions currently available, so I'm skeptical that it can be made any better, but I'll certainly buy it if they manage to pull it off.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50