STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R

STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R

View Stats:
does CRT affect spells?
mostly title but the stat says attacking so it wouldn't surprise me if it only affected normal attacks or physical attacks.
Need to know if it's a factor worth equipping on Celine, and google isn't getting anything specific
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Spells can critically hit, I've seen multihit spells get quite a few crits in
Ice-Nine Jul 9 @ 1:13pm 
Why would your choice of monitor affect spells in the game?
Originally posted by Ice-Nine:
Why would your choice of monitor affect spells in the game?
Someone didn't get the joke. Or they did and find you amusing. XD But welp. :)
I get the joke but don't find the comment helpful or amusing
Originally posted by Unhappy Camper:
You did get an answer. Any jokes afterwards are harmless. Your thread is resolved.
Originally posted by Seraphita:
You did get an answer. Any jokes afterwards are harmless. Your thread is resolved.

Well not exactly sometimes there's a "big hit" version of spells that is not affected by a crit rating in the game it's separate and determined by some other attribute. So to the best of our knowledge crit affects spells but am not 100% sure. Just like with whether factors apply to reserve members or not, or whether factors stack or not. To the best of my knowledge buff factors stack, most others do not, and Full Bonus has to be worn by 1 person in your main 4 fighters, if you have it on a reserve team member it doesn't work, but earring of readiness does, the item spawning accessories work on reserve members, and I don't know about the 2 assault related factors, loving care and morale booster whether they work on reserve members or not

There's just several mechanics that are poorly explained in the game or not explained at all.
I don't know of this "big hit" mechanic. Would you mind describing it in more detail? There is certainly damage variance on them, to be sure, but that's true of every other attack and special move too.
Seraphita Jul 16 @ 11:50am 
As I've been playing, all I know is the normal damage, the "random spell increase" from the combat skills, (Power hit for melee), the CRT damage and the post-break damage.
Oh, the damage boosting skill. Right. Wouldn't describe those as "big hits" but they do contribute to the damage variance, which is already fairly high.
Last edited by Second Duke Revier; Jul 16 @ 6:01pm
mostly title but the stat says attacking so it wouldn't surprise me if it only affected normal attacks or physical attacks.
Need to know if it's a factor worth equipping on Celine, and google isn't getting anything specific

CRT is a waste of a factor slot on any character.
Seraphita Jul 17 @ 12:33pm 
Originally posted by AH-1 Cobra:
How? Critical means more damage. Although, right now, I do believe that some of the factors would provide more advantages. These yellow factors seem to be "rare" tiers.
Last edited by Seraphita; Jul 17 @ 12:40pm
Originally posted by Second Duke Revier:
I don't know of this "big hit" mechanic. Would you mind describing it in more detail? There is certainly damage variance on them, to be sure, but that's true of every other attack and special move too.

It's not in this game specifically but there are other games where there's spell "crits" that are not actually considered "crits"
In this case I'm just thinking like.. a lot of mechanics aren't really explained despite all the tutorial popups we get
but I suppose I was thinking of it in terms of.. Celine is only ever used for Assault, and because Rena is either in my party or if she's on assault she's angel feathers, then Celine should do something else like southern cross/thunder cloud, or meteor shower
and while on most characters I'd op to have HP or MP drain to make them more sustainable, I don't exactly need HP or MP drain on an assault character, So.. Int up vs Crt up was the decision (Reckless magic probably wouldn't work on assault because the characters don't actually use MP on an assault?)
Originally posted by Seraphita:
Originally posted by AH-1 Cobra:
How? Critical means more damage. Although, right now, I do believe that some of the factors would provide more advantages. These yellow factors seem to be "rare" tiers.

It's a wasted slot because you got plenty of other things to add that're better.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50