STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R

STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R

View Stats:
same PSP version?
Hi, I was wondering if this is the same game as the old PSP version of Star Ocean the second story. Everything is hazy when playing it from back then. I mean the characters look the same as the anime version that I remember as well. I would download the demo but can't at the moment.

Thanks for the info in advance.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Nope this isnt the same version. This is a complete remake of the game using the Unity Game Engine. They used the same sprite style for the game because that's what the fans wanted. I beat this game on every console its been released on and every version of it over and over again and IMO this is the best version of the game.
xLemor Jul 3 @ 10:09pm 
Originally posted by Polraudio:
Nope this isnt the same version. This is a complete remake of the game using the Unity Game Engine. They used the same sprite style for the game because that's what the fans wanted. I beat this game on every console its been released on and every version of it over and over again and IMO this is the best version of the game.
agreed this is the best version by a long shot. This is the only version people should play now.
Wait so its not the same game engine but better nice. But is the same story? Sorry if I wasn't clear on that part. All I remember from star ocean is that there were 2 versions on the PSP.
Buster Jul 4 @ 7:56am 
They converted all the 2d renders to being rendered in real time @ 120fps and took liberty with some of them like making most of the 4:3 crt displays depicted in the game 16:9 LCD's. Cause we need to forget the past for some reason in a game that is 26 years old.

The sprites for the most part are not remakes they are direct rips from the PSX ver imported into unity with only some new frames for some things like fishing. I find that lazy and there should of been a 3d model option to go along with remaking the entire game 3d. Cause seriously.

They were really lazy on the music the new arrangement is barely changed at all from the source with no real major attempt at remix to the medleys just instrument changes that often sound worse then the original choices.

They kept the original Soundtrack option so that is an option unfortunately whoever ripped and encoded it did a bad job at capturing from a PSX and you can hear some artifacts in it in some songs.

They added a few new bosses too tho there nothing special they just live on the world map and you can avoid them if you want to. They also slightly expand crafting but nothing to radical and made the item menu worse then the OG game it constantly resorts your items doesn't give you an option to put what item you want ontop (same for battle skills\magic). Which makes the new factor system they added to crafting a pain of no end.

Other then that this is a good way to play Star Ocean 2 especially if you never played it.
Originally posted by samuariman225:
Wait so its not the same game engine but better nice. But is the same story? Sorry if I wasn't clear on that part. All I remember from star ocean is that there were 2 versions on the PSP.
On the PSP there were 2 games, the first game and the 2nd game(this one). And yes its the same exact same story.
Thanks guys!
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50