STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R

STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R

View Stats:
Seems you can often tell by the shadows what fish will bait...
Was collecting Wandering Salmon near Field of Wisdom, otherwise quite easy, two fish I already got a crown on would turn the screen dark, so simply yank it back if it got darker and cast again. Then I noticed there were two different shadows when fishing on lighter screens, one big and one small. Every time the smaller one would nab at the bait, I'd pull a Black Carla(or/and treasure). And when the larger one, a Wandering Salmon(or/and treasure). Well, that made things easy, just pull up if it's a small shadow and cast again...

Wish I'd known that a bit earlier, would have made fishing at least a bit less frustrating...
Last edited by t.rivers; Jun 20 @ 12:10pm
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
The size of the shadowy silhouette is representative of the size of the fish, yes. I thought that was obvious?
Etragorn Jun 25 @ 8:19pm 
Originally posted by Nichronos:
The size of the shadowy silhouette is representative of the size of the fish, yes. I thought that was obvious?

Same here.
MegaMan Jun 26 @ 11:18pm 

He's talking about the screen darkening. That only happens for big catches.
Originally posted by MegaMan:

He's talking about the screen darkening. That only happens for big catches.

Yeah, but again, by the second times it happens, the pattern is obvious.

Also, as an additional hint, there is a fish in each world that is super big and is special, if you report it to the fish guy, you get a special item. The item doesn't do anything, but for people that need to collect everything, it is good to have.
Last edited by Etragorn; Jul 5 @ 2:54pm
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50