RKGK / Rakugaki

RKGK / Rakugaki

View Stats:
Gearbox Publishing or Arc Games?
I thought Gearbox Publishing is now Arc Games?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
The San Francisco branch was renamed to Arc and stayed with Embracer - was originally Perfect World Entertainment.
Last edited by Thatj0hnS; Apr 10 @ 4:03pm
Schiller Apr 11 @ 1:27am 
Originally posted by Thatj0hnS:
The San Francisco branch was renamed to Arc and stayed with Embracer - was originally Perfect World Entertainment.

Yes. I know. And many games like Gigantic or Remnant 2 on Steam show Arc Games now instead of Gearbox Publishing. But this game shows Gearbox Publishing. Does that mean this is a Take2 game?
Originally posted by Schiller:
Originally posted by Thatj0hnS:

Yes. I know. And many games like Gigantic or Remnant 2 on Steam show Arc Games now instead of Gearbox Publishing. But this game shows Gearbox Publishing. Does that mean this is a Take2 game?
At this point, it would likely be safe to assume so. Homeworld 3 still retains Gearbox Publishing, but it was already in the press releases that Take-Two would be getting that franchise.
Schiller Apr 12 @ 12:50am 
Originally posted by WeissRook:

At this point, it would likely be safe to assume so. Homeworld 3 still retains Gearbox Publishing, but it was already in the press releases that Take-Two would be getting that franchise.

That also confuses me. The Press Release stated exactly which IPs Take Two gets. Borderlands, Tiny Tina, Homeworld, Duke Nukem, Brothers in Arms and RIsk of Rain. For Embracer it said that it gets Remnant, Hyper Light Breaker and other Unannounced IP. So I would assume this is one of the unannounced IP?
Schiller Apr 12 @ 12:51am 
Originally posted by WeissRook:

That also confuses me. The Press Release stated exactly which IPs Take Two gets. Borderlands, Tiny Tina, Homeworld, Duke Nukem, Brothers in Arms and RIsk of Rain. For Embracer it said that it gets Remnant, Hyper Light Breaker and other Unannounced IP. So I would assume this is one of the unannounced IP?

I guess we will only know who gets what once the deal closes in June.
I notice that the publisher on this game's Steam page was quietly changed to Wabisabi Games. I guess Arc Games released them to self-publish?
Originally posted by Parallax Abstraction:
I notice that the publisher on this game's Steam page was quietly changed to Wabisabi Games. I guess Arc Games released them to self-publish?

Yeah noticed that too. Seems like Gearbox and or Arc Games gave the game to Wabisabi
Last edited by Schiller; Jun 3 @ 7:20am
Rex Jun 8 @ 4:01pm 
Originally posted by Parallax Abstraction:

Yeah noticed that too. Seems like Gearbox and or Arc Games gave the game to Wabisabi
If I had a nickel for everytime gearbox/arc games parted ways with a latam developer recently I'd have two nickles. Which it isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice
Last edited by Rex; Jun 8 @ 4:02pm
Originally posted by Rex:

If I had a nickel for everytime gearbox/arc games parted ways with a latam developer recently I'd have two nickles. Which it isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice
i swear i heard the name wabisabi somewhere else, not just as a publisher
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50