Islands of Insight

Islands of Insight

With the advent of Offline Mode, can I now download other people's Game Saves?
Since they added an Offline Mod that does not affect the Online mode in any way, does it mean that I can download someone else's save and upload it to Offline? If so, does anyone have 90-100% SAVE FILE and who can give it?
Last edited by Vicisim; Jul 9 @ 11:41pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Krapht Jul 10 @ 1:38am 
In theory, maybe. But you still have your player id and that id seems to be encoded in the save file. So the game might not even count any progress as your progress

But more importantly.... why? You can't upload it to your online progress, there is no achievements. Only benefit would be unlocked cosmetics and access to places you should really earn the progress yourself as it teaches you how to solve the puzzles
Vicisim Jul 10 @ 4:59am 
Originally posted by Krapht:
In theory, maybe. But you still have your player id and that id seems to be encoded in the save file. So the game might not even count any progress as your progress

But more importantly.... why? You can't upload it to your online progress, there is no achievements. Only benefit would be unlocked cosmetics and access to places you should really earn the progress yourself as it teaches you how to solve the puzzles
I'm just pretty pedantic. I want to get 100% SAVE FILE for my offline mode to play only online with friends with a pure soul) I would download the save from my online mode, but I don't even have 40 percent there
Last edited by Vicisim; Jul 10 @ 4:59am
Tatra Jul 10 @ 9:09am 
Originally posted by Vicisim:
Originally posted by Krapht:

I'm just pretty pedantic. I want to get 100% SAVE FILE for my offline mode to play only online with friends with a pure soul) I would download the save from my online mode, but I don't even have 40 percent there

I'm still not getting it. I think you mean you want a 100% offline save so you can play online without having a faked save file... but that's always what you're doing whether you have a fake offline save or not. So I still don't get what you're after a 100% completed save file for?
Last edited by Tatra; Jul 10 @ 9:10am
Vicisim Jul 10 @ 10:22am 
Originally posted by Tatra:

I'm still not getting it. I think you mean you want a 100% offline save so you can play online without having a faked save file... but that's always what you're doing whether you have a fake offline save or not. So I still don't get what you're after a 100% completed save file for?
In general, I want to get a 100% Save File for my Offline mode for two purposes: 1) YouTube review. I have very little time for games right now, and I want to shoot a review of Island of Insight on my YouTube. So I need a 90-100% Save File for Offline. 2) It's just that I'm quite pedantic. I'd like to postpone this game for a couple of months, but the very fact that I haven't completed the game makes me unhappy (So I want to get a 90-100% Save File (sounds crazy, I know hahaah)
Tatra Jul 10 @ 10:33am 

In general, I want to get a 100% Save File for my Offline mode for two purposes: 1) YouTube review. I have very little time for games right now, and I want to shoot a review of Island of Insight on my YouTube. So I need a 90-100% Save File for Offline. 2) It's just that I'm quite pedantic. I'd like to postpone this game for a couple of months, but the very fact that I haven't completed the game makes me unhappy (So I want to get a 90-100% Save File (sounds crazy, I know hahaah)
I still don't get it.

1) Why would you need a completed save for a review video? A completed save means no introduction, no tutorial onboarding, no progression or unlockables, all one-and-done content unavailable, all important things to discuss and show in a review. Surely an incomplete save would be far better for a review?

2) I'm... not sure "pedantic" means what you think it means. It means... well, being like I'm being; overly focused on small, technical details, often in an annoying way. That doesn't have anything to do with wanting a completed save file. A good example of being pedantic would be the statement "You say you're unhappy because you haven't completed the game, but if you had a 100% save file, you still haven't completed the game; someone else did, you just loaded their save."
Last edited by Tatra; Jul 10 @ 10:45am
Tatra Jul 11 @ 4:27am 
BTW, what's your YouTube channel? I'd love to check out some of your existing reviews, and maybe seeing them would help me understand why you want to review a game by an end save.
Vicisim Jul 11 @ 5:14am 
BTW, what's your YouTube channel? I'd love to check out some of your existing reviews, and maybe seeing them would help me understand why you want to review a game by an end save.
My YT Channgel its Vicisim. I haven't shot reviews before and this is planned for the first time)
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50