Yellow Taxi Goes Vroom

Yellow Taxi Goes Vroom

View Stats:
Crash, Blue screen, and driver failure after opening the game.
I've opened the game a few times and it seems to almost consistently crash completely upon launching and tinkering around for a few seconds. Whether I stay in the main menu or I load into a save file, it does not matter. The crash is followed immediately by my pc freezing completely or a blue screen. After restarting my pc, I notice my Nvidia driver is completely gone from device manager.

I've been stuck in a loop of opening the game, trying to play until it freezes, restarting my pc, then fixing my missing Nvidia driver issue over and over again until I lost my patience. I wouldn't have gone through the trouble normally, but it's still really fun to play and I wish I could fix the issue. Does anybody have any clue how I could fix the crashes? Thanks in advance.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Matt.o  [developer] Jun 6 @ 7:16am 
Hello, thanks for sending us the email :)
We hope we can solve this toghether
UPDATE:

I've spent the past few days talking with Matt.o trying to get the problem fixed. I couldn't fix the issue in the end BUT I'll list everything we've talked about and all the advice I was given in case it may be helpful to anyone else experiencing the same issue.

Things I have done:
  • I've saved and sent multiple crash logs of my problem. In my experience, a lot of these crash logs seemed to end with errors related to something called "d3d11".
  • I've downloaded new driver setup files from the official NVIDIA website and reinstalled my drivers completely.
  • I've played the game in windowed mode and I've activated vsync. The GPU may be performing too well without constraints, so limiting the frame rate to the monitor refresh rate may stop it from over-computing.
  • I've sent a complete memory dump to NVIDIA support directly.

Something I didn't do was check the GPU performance with a third-party tool. Maybe the GPU is running out of memory for some reason, or it's overheating. Doing this could also help identify the problem more precisely.

Good luck to anyone else encountering this problem, and many thanks to Matt.o for being so helpful.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50