MechWarrior 5: Clans

MechWarrior 5: Clans

If Piranha Was Smart
They would take a lesson from Helldivers 2.

1) Make a dynamic Map of Inner Sphere
2) Make it a game with planets to take or lose with dynamic drops of reinforcements of drop ships regularly landing.
3) Join a house or faction
4) PvP
5) Somehow integrate career into this running a company similar to guilds/clans etc
6) Allow clan colors mech paint jobs etc. Heck there are prob MILLIONs of dollars they could net from the cosmetic hungry.
7) Oh yeah....

Would be a hit with 500k avg players on Steam alone....
Last edited by Tantrumus; May 16 @ 10:25am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
Strayed May 17 @ 2:10am 
So MWO?
Herabec May 17 @ 2:37pm 
Pretty sure it's already been announced that it's a more narrative game where you go through a pre-scripted campaign with your star.

Would love a future update to do a more freeform invasion of the Inner Sphere, though.
Rance May 18 @ 3:35pm 
freeplay would be awesome...also, someone needs to talk to Paradox and get more story and clan mechs for Battletech.
OldPayphone May 19 @ 6:46pm 
Originally posted by Tantrumus:
4) PvP
No, PvP is trash. If you want that then go play that MWO garbage.
Zavia May 20 @ 6:47pm 
I want mw5 post clan invasion but i want to defend vs the scum.. not play as turds coming to murder randoms just because... uhhh.. legacy of a boomer from a failed faction who ran with his tail between his legs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have zero interest in pvp but love open world IS do what ever i want kind of game.. please don't waste resources on pvp.. MWO exists for the few kid that want that trash.. build a post invasion IS career mode that has an attack defend style system or i will likely not buy and just play other free ways as i do other mediocre games from devs to poor to use denuvo muhahah
Originally posted by Rance:
freeplay would be awesome...also, someone needs to talk to Paradox and get more story and clan mechs for Battletech.

Unfortunately PDX isn't interested in sharing IPs. I had a great idea for a clan based campaign replacing C-Bills with "requisition points" where if you did more with less you would get more requisition points in order to simulate the clan process of bidding.
Kilo_60 May 24 @ 9:31am 
NAh they want to obviously go for the easy quick cash grab route of a small handfull of crappy scripted missions then milk us to death with individual DLC packs for extended missions!

Does anyone expect anything else from these devs at this point and based on their past history?
MadWolf May 24 @ 10:04am 
Originally posted by Kilo_60:
NAh they want to obviously go for the easy quick cash grab route of a small handfull of crappy scripted missions then milk us to death with individual DLC packs for extended missions!

Does anyone expect anything else from these devs at this point and based on their past history?
You are talking complete nonsense and all that is said is not true.
BRiCK May 24 @ 2:11pm 
Originally posted by OldPayphone:
4) PvP
No, PvP is trash. If you want that then go play that MWO garbage.
Yeah, your opinion is not shared by the majority of us. Proper faction warfare can be done within the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe. If it were pulled off correctly, PvP would be absolutely the most fun.
Kilo_60 May 26 @ 10:25am 
Originally posted by MadWolf:

And you'll be the first to complain after you finish the short sub 12-mission linear campaign and wonder why there's no replayability!
Kyonko May 26 @ 10:42am 
Paradox doesn't own BattleTech (video games) IP, that's Microsoft. Unless you're talking about Harebrained Scheme's created turn based game, they own that one game that they won't expand because they don't own the IP.
MadWolf May 26 @ 12:53pm 

And you'll be the first to complain after you finish the short sub 12-mission linear campaign and wonder why there's no replayability!
Go for a walk, troll. Invent your lies to others.
Which finger did you suck the information about 12 missions from? Give me the link or you'll get out of here like a liar.
You don't even know how many operations there will be in the game, whiner. But I know.
Last edited by MadWolf; May 26 @ 1:10pm
MadWolf May 26 @ 12:58pm 
Originally posted by Kyonko:
Paradox doesn't own BattleTech (video games) IP, that's Microsoft. Unless you're talking about Harebrained Scheme's created turn based game, they own that one game that they won't expand because they don't own the IP.
The rights to the Battletech 2018 HBS game have been transferred to Paradox. Microsoft has the rights to a video game license for the Battletech universe. If they make a sequel to Battletech 2, then Paradox will not give the go-ahead, as this is related to their game. In general, games in the universe are niche and hardly anyone will be willing to play new games. PGI are now veterans of the series and the only hope for the best games is on them.
Kilo_60 May 26 @ 2:48pm 

Go for a walk, troll. Invent your lies to others.
Which finger did you suck the information about 12 missions from? Give me the link or you'll get out of here like a liar.
You don't even know how many operations there will be in the game, whiner. But I know.

LMAO!

So you THINK Piranha will deliver a massive 12hr+ plus campaign for this initial release?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

You must be smoking crack!

Just based on their past history this ain't gonna happen bro!!
Keksut Jun 1 @ 4:01pm 

1) Make a dynamic Map of Inner Sphere
2) Make it a game with planets to take or lose with dynamic drops of reinforcements of drop ships regularly landing.
3) Join a house or faction
4) PvP
5) Somehow integrate career into this running a company similar to guilds/clans etc
6) Allow clan colors mech paint jobs etc. Heck there are prob MILLIONs of dollars they could net from the cosmetic hungry.
7) Oh yeah....

Would be a hit with 500k avg players on Steam alone....
i honestly want them to follow the lore, not some persistant anything other than persisting in following the lore of BATTLETECH

clans dont join house factions. THEY HATE THE GREAT HOUSES IN LORE.

in prior story driven mechwarrior games prior to 5 you took planets in STORY DRIVEN CAMPAIGNS

as for point 5, again, thats some mmo crap and frankly we dont need that in mechwarrior, especially about a story about the clans

point 6, look up clanner paint schemes. i'll wait.

as for point 7, mechwarrior has always been niche and tbh, it should stay that way. It keeps the invaders out of the hobby
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
Per page: 1530 50