MARVEL SNAP

MARVEL SNAP

Am I the only one?
I am absolutely TIRED of losing to the new card, Arishem. I have tried several different decks and have maybe been able to beat an opponent with the card once. EVERY OTHER PERSON I PLAY HAS IT. Many times 2 or 3 times in a row. It is straight out ruining the game for me. I don't mind losing, but this is effing ridonk.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
BobbyGun Jul 6 @ 12:50am 
isnt arishem deck completely random?
Yea, everyone I play just happens to get draws that directly counter everything in my deck.
lykia Jul 6 @ 1:54am 
same. when i use arishem loki matching against toxic surfer, zemo, tribunal, junk decks and cannot draw loki even once on these matches. when i decided to play zoo deck cannot draw caiera and my 1 cost cards are being killed by killmonger. 50 percent of the game depends entirely on luck and this is not fun at all. in games of a similar category the luck factor is not so important. example clash royale, hearthstone etc. i hate locations. its bs. i hate not being able to draw a counter card in my deck. i hate not being able to draw loki like the other ones in the fourth round. this game is bs. the luck factor should not be so important in a game
Last edited by lykia; Jul 8 @ 12:31am
I agree with you. There is very little skill involved. If my cards come out right, I am going to win, if they don't, retreat. Do this half a million times every month, and you might be lucky enough to end up infinity rank, but probably not.
arishem's been the most anticipated card in the whole game since his datamine like 2 months ago
Originally posted by someksguy:
I agree with you. There is very little skill involved. If my cards come out right, I am going to win, if they don't, retreat. Do this half a million times every month, and you might be lucky enough to end up infinity rank, but probably not.

The cards are random. You can argue that it takes more skill because you get random cards and you're not guaranteed to get cards you put in.

The issue you and others have with it is because it is random and you don't know what you're up against and how to play against it.
I've been playing Arishem and it is overpowered. The extra power outweighs the extra randomness and I can definitely see how annoying it would be to play against.

Expect a big nerf at some point.
I'm not very good, but in my experience people can still beat me pretty reliably by getting good stacks of power at two locations. Sure most people build their Arishem decks to have a few basic counters in them, but if you can't handle knowing there are going to be some fairly predictable counters and that the Arishem player is going to stack power in some mostly predictable ways, seems to be that's not a problem with Arishem.
@Lemurian Thank you for making this personal. I was venting, and asking if anyone else was having the same frustration. Never ever did I say I "could not handle" anything.
@VastGirth - thank you. I think you understood the reason behind the post. It gets old having your ass handed to you... even if it is on a gold platter. (however a tiny part of it might be because I am a little jelly I don't have the card XD )
Originally posted by TribalSage:
Originally posted by someksguy:

The cards are random. You can argue that it takes more skill because you get random cards and you're not guaranteed to get cards you put in.

The issue you and others have with it is because it is random and you don't know what you're up against and how to play against it.

Thank you for telling me what my issue is. I'm not paying you like I do my therapist though.
Originally posted by groovador:
arishem's been the most anticipated card in the whole game since his datamine like 2 months ago
I am not a big enough nerd to pay attention to that kind of thing.
kingts Jul 6 @ 11:48am 
Hello Some,

Hope your doing well.
Let's break this down for you a little.
Arishem benefits from energy for its drawback for a large deck size.
Any deck you make draws on 6 starting archetypes and now 16 other sub archetypes and they will keep adding sub archetypes to the game.

Now I am not sure where your at in your rank, how long you have played or your collection, but Arishem also allows a player who is missing a ton of cards the chance to play and learn those cards.

As decks, over all Arishem decks operate at around 51.2% win rate. He himself, like Evo does not do enough single highhandedly to hurt you, but his deck size fits into certain card constructs you must be aware of and have a counter for. OR have your deck construct get out its theme faster.

Cards like Darkhawk, Devil Dino due to players hand size, Blob, Loki which allows him to alter the randomness to lower energy of a new deck hand and many are building Tech decks that stymie you and playing those additions random cards to lock down lanes. Sersi, Gilgamesh, Phastos, Okoye, Cosmo, and this makes Shang Chi vital to one lane, because they will not use Armor to secure their lanes. Why, because the chances decrease due to the deck size of grabbing Armor when needed.

There is your Achilles heel. He is at a synergistic sequencing disadvantage, why most escape if they see they are not getting what they need.

I would suggest you create an ANTI Arishem deck, but one that is deadly against decks that are not Arishem. He is fun to play, but like most new cards will die off as new cards and themes come.

A few cards that can do that

MMM-don't allow him to reduce his cards
DARKHAWK yourself, why, simply his deck size
SHANG CHI- great finisher, but watch your priority
THENA, SAGE, or HAVOK-solid one lane buffers
IRONMAN simply out power him in the non buffed lane.
ROGUE-SUPER SKRULL well timed kill most of his on going power
NOCTURNE or JEFF, give yourself flexibility to alter his path
RAVONNA good option for early draw
HOPE match his energy advantage
PROF X-lock out and play his randomness against him.

You can design a deck using some or most of these elements but remember its a two lane game, focus on two lanes.

Good luck. :dwarven:
Originally posted by VastGirth:
I've been playing Arishem and it is overpowered. The extra power outweighs the extra randomness and I can definitely see how annoying it would be to play against.

Expect a big nerf at some point.

Mobius would help a lot, I just don't have him.
Originally posted by kingts:
Hello Some,

Hope your doing well.
Let's break this down for you a little.
Arishem benefits from energy for its drawback for a large deck size.
Any deck you make draws on 6 starting archetypes and now 16 other sub archetypes and they will keep adding sub archetypes to the game.

Now I am not sure where your at in your rank, how long you have played or your collection, but Arishem also allows a player who is missing a ton of cards the chance to play and learn those cards.

As decks, over all Arishem decks operate at around 51.2% win rate. He himself, like Evo does not do enough single highhandedly to hurt you, but his deck size fits into certain card constructs you must be aware of and have a counter for. OR have your deck construct get out its theme faster.

Cards like Darkhawk, Devil Dino due to players hand size, Blob, Loki which allows him to alter the randomness to lower energy of a new deck hand and many are building Tech decks that stymie you and playing those additions random cards to lock down lanes. Sersi, Gilgamesh, Phastos, Okoye, Cosmo, and this makes Shang Chi vital to one lane, because they will not use Armor to secure their lanes. Why, because the chances decrease due to the deck size of grabbing Armor when needed.

There is your Achilles heel. He is at a synergistic sequencing disadvantage, why most escape if they see they are not getting what they need.

I would suggest you create an ANTI Arishem deck, but one that is deadly against decks that are not Arishem. He is fun to play, but like most new cards will die off as new cards and themes come.

A few cards that can do that

MMM-don't allow him to reduce his cards
DARKHAWK yourself, why, simply his deck size
SHANG CHI- great finisher, but watch your priority
THENA, SAGE, or HAVOK-solid one lane buffers
IRONMAN simply out power him in the non buffed lane.
ROGUE-SUPER SKRULL well timed kill most of his on going power
NOCTURNE or JEFF, give yourself flexibility to alter his path
RAVONNA good option for early draw
HOPE match his energy advantage
PROF X-lock out and play his randomness against him.

You can design a deck using some or most of these elements but remember its a two lane game, focus on two lanes.

Good luck. :dwarven:

Thank you for at least trying to help, I was just frustrated and venting
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
Per page: 1530 50