MARVEL SNAP

MARVEL SNAP

StuPaul Nov 16, 2022 @ 7:59pm
how can you play a 5 and a 6 cost card at the same time
Was just in a match against a player called Supremebell. I had him on the ropes and had a guaranteed win. But on turn 6 he played a Devil Dinosaur, cost 5, and an America Chavez, cost 6. Neither card had any modifications from the gameplay effecting card cost. How can this happen?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
WastingSanity Nov 16, 2022 @ 8:04pm 
There is a lane modifier that gives a zero cost 6 cost card to the player to fill it first.
Raster Nov 16, 2022 @ 8:05pm 
As always, we need screenshots to explain the situation to you. Otherwise, it's just a guess.
Koisein Nov 16, 2022 @ 8:09pm 
sry but this is guess
Slothrop19 Nov 16, 2022 @ 10:42pm 
I've had the same thing happen to me more than once, always when I was clearly winning & had snapped. My opponents somehow played a 5 and 6 cost card on the final turn. Neither card had been modified, The Raft wasn't on the board, etc. They just magically spent 11 energy on turn 6. No idea why.
Arcturus Asriv Nov 16, 2022 @ 10:57pm 
Screenshots are necessary.
So many things get overlooked during a game.

FYI: So far there have been no cheats.

There have been a few visual bugs, however. But nothing that impacts the actual game.
Originally posted by Slothrop19:
I've had the same thing happen to me more than once, always when I was clearly winning & had snapped. My opponents somehow played a 5 and 6 cost card on the final turn. Neither card had been modified, The Raft wasn't on the board, etc. They just magically spent 11 energy on turn 6. No idea why.

the peak? the location that swap energy and power.
Captain Worthy Nov 17, 2022 @ 4:02am 
Originally posted by Arcturus Asriv:

There have been a few visual bugs, however. But nothing that impacts the actual game.

There are actual cheats in the Steam version. I just meant my first legit cheater today. On turn three they played Ka-zar, and there were absolutely no locations nor cards that would have reduced his cost down to 3.

I played my Ka-Zar into the same location as his on turn 4, we both had Ka-Zar and a Squirrel in that location, nothing else. His Squirrel got buffed to power 6 though, while mine stayed power 2.

Again, no locations nor cards gave this extra power to his squirrel.

I tried reporting him, but the real joke is that the report function does not even work in the Steam client yet, and only takes you to the general support pages of the game instead of the reporting menu where you can provide screenshots etc.

All I could do was to send a regular support ticket where I stated the opponent's Snap ID and told of this cheating and said I have a screenshot. Sadly I was too late to take a screenshot on turn 3 as that would have 100% proven the opponent cheated, but I have a screenshot from the last turn of the game too which shows the opposing Ka-Zar and his power 6 Squirrel while no cards nor locations on the table are supposed to buff it further than power 2.

https://imgur.com/gallery/GA4aufG
nullpo Nov 17, 2022 @ 5:25am 
Originally posted by Captain Worthy:
Originally posted by Arcturus Asriv:

There are actual cheats in the Steam version. I just meant my first legit cheater today. On turn three they played Ka-zar, and there were absolutely no locations nor cards that would have reduced his cost down to 3.

I played my Ka-Zar into the same location as his on turn 4, we both had Ka-Zar and a Squirrel in that location, nothing else. His Squirrel got buffed to power 6 though, while mine stayed power 2.

Again, no locations nor cards gave this extra power to his squirrel.

I tried reporting him, but the real joke is that the report function does not even work in the Steam client yet, and only takes you to the general support pages of the game instead of the reporting menu where you can provide screenshots etc.

All I could do was to send a regular support ticket where I stated the opponent's Snap ID and told of this cheating and said I have a screenshot. Sadly I was too late to take a screenshot on turn 3 as that would have 100% proven the opponent cheated, but I have a screenshot from the last turn of the game too which shows the opposing Ka-Zar and his power 6 Squirrel while no cards nor locations on the table are supposed to buff it further than power 2.

https://imgur.com/gallery/GA4aufG
Finally someone post a screenshot.
So my guess is that guy is not cheating. Turn 1 rocket racoon, turn 2 domino/ swarm, turn 3 morph to your ka-zar, turn 4 hulk buster increasing the squirrel from 2 to 6, turn 5 groot and swarm/domino, turn 6 hulk.
Originally posted by Captain Worthy:

Originally posted by nullpo:
turn 3 morph to your ka-zar, turn 4 hulk buster

probably what he said and make sense. do you constantly look at your screen when you play? or do you spend your attention somewhere else when you play?
Slothrop19 Nov 17, 2022 @ 6:10am 
This game is full of glitches, cheaters, & weird mechanics that don't work properly. I don't think I've ever seen "Warrior Falls" work correctly; sometimes it just destroys random cards, or it does nothing at all when my opponent has low power cards there. I've seen opponents play cards that get a huge power boost or cost reduction for no reason, I've seen Cosmo & Enchantress fail to work. It's a mess. Luck is all that matters in this game.
Aigle1705 Nov 17, 2022 @ 8:06am 
slothrop19, try hitting a more neutral level. the game works just fine.

bout warrior falls:
ALL cards battle, the lowest is destroyed
if there are no cards on opponents side, yours still kill each other.
if there are multiple lowest with sth bigger all lowest get killed.
if all are the same power non gets killed.
cards like armor or collosus cant be killed. so they protect the entire location.

bout enchantress she's "on reveal", face downs or later played cards aint effected.
cosmo is "ongoing" so he has to be in play and flipped befor any reveal effect.
there are locations that disable ongoing or on reveal effects, pay attention.

most important pay attention to the gold glowing name, that players cards get revealed first.

5 n 6 drop in one turn was explained above. it 100% is 1 of 3 possible locations.
"grand central: after turn 5 put a card from hand here" - so free 6 drop if lucky.
"the peak: cards in hand swap power and energy" - so iron man becomes a 0nrg 5pwr
"the raft: the first to fill this gets a random 6-cost. it costs 0." - free 6 drop

list of all locations:
https://marvelsnap.io/card-database/?&type=Location&sort=name&limit=20&offset=0
Reiketsu Nov 17, 2022 @ 9:22am 
This game is full of glitches, cheaters, & weird mechanics that don't work properly. I don't think I've ever seen "Warrior Falls" work correctly; sometimes it just destroys random cards, or it does nothing at all when my opponent has low power cards there. I've seen opponents play cards that get a huge power boost or cost reduction for no reason, I've seen Cosmo & Enchantress fail to work. It's a mess. Luck is all that matters in this game.

yeah this game is not for you, go play something else
SweetRollBandit Nov 17, 2022 @ 11:40am 

you clearly either don’t understand turn order or some other mechanics happening in the game. Its not glitched, you’re having a lapse in competency.
P2DU Jul 9 @ 10:25pm 
True, phastos which is 3 cost card played on turn 2. I mean wth how? My opponent didnt played 1st turn, there also was no modifiers to reduce cards cost. There were many instances where a player played two 6 and one 5 cost card in the final turn with no modification or cards that can reduce cost. It is puzzling.
Originally posted by P2DU:
True, phastos which is 3 cost card played on turn 2. I mean wth how? My opponent didnt played 1st turn, there also was no modifiers to reduce cards cost. There were many instances where a player played two 6 and one 5 cost card in the final turn with no modification or cards that can reduce cost. It is puzzling.

Why did you necro a 2 year old thread?

But people are able to play Phastos (or other 3 cost cards) on turn 2 because of Arishem.

He gives you +1 energy at the start of the match + adds 12 random cards to your deck (so you get a 24 card deck)

That extra energy is helpful. Makes it so you can play 3 cost on turn 2, 4 cost on turn 3, etc.
Last edited by LunarisRuin; Jul 9 @ 10:39pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50