RWBY: Arrowfell

RWBY: Arrowfell

View Stats:
Braulio ZT Nov 15, 2022 @ 7:25pm
Spoilers?
So the store page says the game is set during Volume 7, I satrted to watch RWBY a little while ago and I'm still on Volume 2. Are there any major spoilers about the show in this game? Should I first watch the rest of the show before playing?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 53 comments
Titan Nov 15, 2022 @ 7:35pm 
If you're still as early as Volume 2 then yes there are major spoilers for pretty much everything the show is about
Shadow_Actual Nov 16, 2022 @ 12:14am 
Originally posted by Titan:
If you're still as early as Volume 2 then yes there are major spoilers for pretty much everything the show is about
Oh my, yes. In the time since then, the writers have overturned the status quo not just once, but repeatedly, greatly raising the show's stakes and compelling growth on the part of the characters.

It's one of the things I like about the show, that the writers are willing to take risks and try something new, rather than endlessly reiterating old ideas.
GeneralClayman Nov 16, 2022 @ 5:17am 
i mean, the original creator/ writer had died before volume 3 aired. his brother is now voicing his character lmao
Braulio ZT Nov 16, 2022 @ 7:00am 
I see, thanks for the answer. I guess I should keep up with the show before playing Arrowfell.
Shadow_Actual Nov 16, 2022 @ 9:08am 
Originally posted by GeneralClayman:
i mean, the original creator/ writer had died before volume 3 aired. his brother is now voicing his character lmao
What does that have to do with anything? Yes, the creator died and several voice actors and other workers have been replaced. That doesn't mean it isn't following the same plot.

Originally posted by Braulio ZT:
[
I see, thanks for the answer. I guess I should keep up with the show before playing Arrowfell.
You really should. In my experience, people tend to say that the show gets good in the third season, and great in the sixth. Unfortunately, you still have to sit through the first two in order to understand what happens in the latter.
GeneralClayman Nov 16, 2022 @ 10:00am 
Originally posted by Shadow_Actual:
What does that have to do with anything? Yes, the creator died and several voice actors and other workers have been replaced. That doesn't mean it isn't following the same plot.
Meant that their creative freedom/ change in story is probably because they got new people to write the thing in, as it was originally intended to be a show consisting of shorts, hence why S1 and a part of 2 has 7 minute episodes
Titan Nov 16, 2022 @ 10:20am 

Originally posted by Braulio ZT:
[
You really should. In my experience, people tend to say that the show gets good in the third season, and great in the sixth. Unfortunately, you still have to sit through the first two in order to understand what happens in the latter.

Yeah Volume 3 and 6 are the peak of the series. Unfortunately though Volume 7 where this game is set is probably the lowest point the show ever goes, causing practically irreparable damage to the show.
Shadow_Actual Nov 16, 2022 @ 11:40am 
Yeah Volume 3 and 6 are the peak of the series. Unfortunately though Volume 7 where this game is set is probably the lowest point the show ever goes, causing practically irreparable damage to the show.
Personally, I enjoyed the seventh and eighth seasons, but I know that some people didn't.

Meant that their creative freedom/ change in story is probably because they got new people to write the thing in, as it was originally intended to be a show consisting of shorts, hence why S1 and a part of 2 has 7 minute episodes
I was under the impression that the shortness of the early episodes was due to budgetary and equipment constraints? As in, they didn't have the money, people, or gear to make longer episodes.
GeneralClayman Nov 16, 2022 @ 12:12pm 
Personally, I enjoyed the seventh and eighth seasons, but I know that some people didn't.

I was under the impression that the shortness of the early episodes was due to budgetary and equipment constraints? As in, they didn't have the money, people, or gear to make longer episodes.
Yes, but it was told that initially it was just gonna be a small/ short show overall. Thanks to its massive following it got more money from Crunchyroll
evilauthor Nov 19, 2022 @ 9:20pm 
Honestly, I don't think there's much in the way of spoilers at all in Arrowfell. There's practically no references at all to the overall metaplot of the main RWBY series.

The only real spoilers are what's presented practically upfront:
1) The girls are in Atlas.
2) The girls are newly minted licensed Huntresses, complete with running gag that everyone keeps calling them kids.
3) The girls have new outfits.
4) New characters.

Pretty sure you don't even need to play the game to get spoiled on these points. They're practically in the advertising.

So I would say that the game is pretty spoiler safe because the game isn't going to tell you why Team RWBY is in Atlas or what the girls have gone through to become licensed Huntresses.
Captain Nov 25, 2022 @ 11:45am 
Generally it keeps spoilers to a minimum, if you consider things like outfits and new characters being spoilers (i do) then it may be good to wait a bit and catch up to 7. The only real spoiler is the presence of a certain well liked character following her last appearance seasons before, which could affect your emotional investment in that particular arc or even confuse you.
GeneralClayman Nov 25, 2022 @ 12:38pm 
Originally posted by Captain:
Generally it keeps spoilers to a minimum, if you consider things like outfits and new characters being spoilers (i do) then it may be good to wait a bit and catch up to 7. The only real spoiler is the presence of a certain well liked character following her last appearance seasons before, which could affect your emotional investment in that particular arc or even confuse you.
i think i know who you're talking about, there is no ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ way they're actually doing that.
Eminent Demon Dec 7, 2022 @ 4:57pm 

How did volume 7 cause irreparable damage to the show?
Titan Dec 7, 2022 @ 5:03pm 
Originally posted by Crimson Dragon:

Complete character assassination for many important characters
Eminent Demon Dec 7, 2022 @ 5:07pm 
Originally posted by Crimson Dragon:

Complete character assassination for many important characters

Like?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 53 comments
Per page: 1530 50