Fear the Spotlight

Fear the Spotlight

View Stats:
Some slight problems with OBS Streaming
Unlocking the framerate seems to have helped quite a bit, but there is some flickering, and not catching the mouse 1-1, and sometimes full on freezes when everything else is being captured fine. It's hard to describe, but the entire streaming was a bit funky.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Cozy Game Pals  [developer] Oct 9, 2023 @ 8:11pm 
Hi! Sorry you're having issues with OBS/Streaming, we don't know OBS well but we can try to troubleshoot what we can. Which of these describes your situation best:

1. The game has these issues, even without OBS

2. The game plays normally, but OBS is not capturing the game correctly

3. The game has these issues only while OBS is open
CookieThiefEm Oct 9, 2023 @ 8:16pm 
It's definitely the second one. since I finished it, here's some video of how the game looked on stream. For context: The game looked completely fine on my side of things: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1947148401
Cozy Game Pals  [developer] Oct 9, 2023 @ 9:27pm 
Originally posted by CookieThiefEm:
It's definitely the second one. since I finished it, here's some video of how the game looked on stream. For context: The game looked completely fine on my side of things: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1947148401

Thanks so much for the additional info! We will try our best to investigate, but it might take some time since we can't replicate the issue on our end. We will update this thread if we can figure anything out.
CookieThiefEm Oct 10, 2023 @ 8:19am 
No problem! If you can answer, what program did you use to record footage for the trailers?
Cozy Game Pals  [developer] Oct 10, 2023 @ 10:54am 
No problem! If you can answer, what program did you use to record footage for the trailers?

We used a mix of OBS and Unity's in-engine recording tool.

Do you happen to be using a 4k or 8k monitor? Our best guess is OBS is having issues capturing the game screen since the game uses your full monitor size, which is a lot of pixels to render. If this is the issue, please try the latest Fear the Spotlight update (you may need to restart Steam to trigger the update). Another thing you could try is somehow configuring OBS to capture at a lower resolution.

Good luck!

Last edited by Cozy Game Pals; Oct 10, 2023 @ 2:29pm
CookieThiefEm Oct 10, 2023 @ 8:47pm 
I think my Monitor barely hits 1080p, but changing the screen size. An odd way to do it, but not the oddest fix I've seen! I'll give it a shot, and see how it renders. Any Resolution you recommend?
Cozy Game Pals  [developer] Oct 10, 2023 @ 8:54pm 
I think my Monitor barely hits 1080p, but changing the screen size. An odd way to do it, but not the oddest fix I've seen! I'll give it a shot, and see how it renders. Any Resolution you recommend?

Oh boo, the high resolution was our best guess. Unfortunately without being able to replicate the issue on our end we won't be able to help with a fix 😭 It might be worth asking some streamers who have played the game for some help.
CookieThiefEm Oct 11, 2023 @ 7:11pm 
Slight update: Seems to be an OBS problem, because streamed a small bit to my friend through Discord, and zero problems.
Cozy Game Pals  [developer] Oct 11, 2023 @ 7:28pm 
Slight update: Seems to be an OBS problem, because streamed a small bit to my friend through Discord, and zero problems.
Thanks for the update!
Sorry we couldn't be of any more help on our end. hopefully you get it figured out on your end,
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50