OPUS: Prism Peak

OPUS: Prism Peak

2n d Jan 24, 2023 @ 5:10pm
Dear SIGONO,
I adore every game you've made. Except for Echoes of Starsong... which was my favorite. That is, until you struck an agreement with Epic Games, Inc., many months after I — and numerous others — purchased your title here on Steam. This resulted in an update being pushed to all customers on Steam which added Epic Online Services to your product.

I would have never touched your game if this software was present at launch, but I would have retained my respect and trust for you as a developer because at least it would have been clear from the beginning that Epic Online Services was part of the equation.

Thanks for reading, and whatever you choose to do in the future, thank you for making games with hopeful messages that inspire and touch people all over the world.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
RhinoBarbarian Feb 2, 2023 @ 5:02pm 
Just for clarification: do you have to download EGS to play this company's games on Steam?
andrehide Feb 3, 2023 @ 2:16pm 
You don't make sense. While I do have Epic Games Launcher installed, it didn't start when I played Echoes of Starsong on Steam. Maybe it had some Epic Games components included, but I didn't even notice.

It's different from most recent Ubisoft games, where you need Ubisoft Connect (Uplay) running and logged in to play their games.

Last edited by andrehide; Feb 3, 2023 @ 2:21pm
76561198449227622  [developer] Feb 7, 2023 @ 12:11am 
Hey there, I understand your concerns, so I'll briefly clarify:
Installing and playing OPUS: Echo of Starsong on Steam should not install the Epic Games launcher, nor should it run anything Epic related. If you do not have the Epic Games launcher installed, and it appears because you installed EoS on Steam, something is wrong, please do let us know if that happens!

I hope that answers any concerns, and thank you so much for the kind words and support :)
2n d Feb 9, 2023 @ 7:35pm 
Hey Dev (qugoid),

First off, thank you for hearing me out. And please know, in no way did I desire to publicly shame or dishonor your company, the games you've all created, or anything along those lines by making this discussion thread. I also do not wish to waste your time.

The crux of my concern is as follows: in build 8227731 (Depot 1504502, 1504503, & 1504504), pushed to Steam in late February of last year, Epic Online Services was added to OPUS: Echo of Starsong. Now, I don't know the details, and I was wrong to make assumptions as it is none my business; however, when I purchased, played and fell in love with your game, the additions mentioned above where not present (ref: https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/8227731/).

In regard to the kind words and support, you're very welcome — I meant them from the bottom of my heart. :emethsmile: :john_boy: :redchamber: :junsmiles:
76561198449227622  [developer] Feb 14, 2023 @ 1:52am 
Hey there, thanks for the clarification! From what I understand, a majority of the game's codebase is shared across multiple platforms, as such, it includes those two files used by the Epic build. However, they do basically nothing in the Steam build, so please do feel free to ignore them :)

Again, thank you very much for your support and understanding, and please enjoy your day!
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50