Clair Obscur: Expedition 33

Clair Obscur: Expedition 33

Trailer End Thoughts
If it were to say 32 instead of 33 at the very end this would be more accurate, but the idea ties into the other two characters we don't know about yet. Essentially, Expedition 33 will reach the paintress but fails, and that is why Maelle screams. All she can do is watch the 32 be painted. She will be the last one remaining.

But the game continues, bringing in the other two characters to join Maelle for yet another expedition after she returns home. At the very latest she'll be 24 and the number will be 25. And this time, the expedition will have an experienced leader that knows the safest route to reach the Paintress.

Keeping them hidden is one thing, but it feels like the unknown characters would be present in at least one of the cutscenes we saw if they were going to be introduced early on.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Originally posted by Ratsplat:
If it were to say 32 instead of 33 at the very end this would be more accurate, but the idea ties into the other two characters we don't know about yet. Essentially, Expedition 33 will reach the paintress but fails, and that is why Maelle screams. All she can do is watch the 32 be painted. She will be the last one remaining.

But the game continues, bringing in the other two characters to join Maelle for yet another expedition after she returns home. At the very latest she'll be 24 and the number will be 25. And this time, the expedition will have an experienced leader that knows the safest route to reach the Paintress.

Keeping them hidden is one thing, but it feels like the unknown characters would be present in at least one of the cutscenes we saw if they were going to be introduced early on.

That scene in the trailer could go in a few directions, among several others I probably haven't imagined yet:

1. A dream or prophecy.
2. An overall grim outcome of sorts for humanity / the expedition (default interpretation)
3. A bad ending that can be obtained if the game has multiple endings, even if it's just the game over sequence.
4. That scene and anything it implies is cut.
5. That scene is updated to have something like 32.

With the trailer itself, it looks like the beginning of the expedition goes horribly wrong / separated and 33 is left with 4 survivors that come across the other two non-expedition-looking characters teased in latter portion of the trailer.

But I also get others wanting to lay low now that they know the game exists so that they can forget anything they saw and have a fresher experience when the game does release.
The cycle can not be broken. Maelle is the new Paintress. This exchange is over.
Last edited by lastbreath; Jun 14 @ 4:04pm
System7 Jun 15 @ 5:44am 
Expedition 33 will reach the paintress but fails, and that is why Maelle screams. All she can do is watch the 32 be painted. She will be the last one remaining.

I dont think that all characters except her are 32 if that is what you imply.
It would be wiser for ppl on Earth to act sooner than wait all years until they are next victims. Im pretty sure that at least some of the educated companions know that (or should know... as well as writers).
Ratsplat Jun 15 @ 9:44am 
Originally posted by ⭕TheSodaman:

That scene in the trailer could go in a few directions, among several others I probably haven't imagined yet:

1. A dream or prophecy.
2. An overall grim outcome of sorts for humanity / the expedition (default interpretation)
3. A bad ending that can be obtained if the game has multiple endings, even if it's just the game over sequence.
4. That scene and anything it implies is cut.
5. That scene is updated to have something like 32.

With the trailer itself, it looks like the beginning of the expedition goes horribly wrong / separated and 33 is left with 4 survivors that come across the other two non-expedition-looking characters teased in latter portion of the trailer.

But I also get others wanting to lay low now that they know the game exists so that they can forget anything they saw and have a fresher experience when the game does release.

The 'rest of the expedition' is very plausible since we see how there are many more to the group than the main 4 that we saw. Can't imagine everyone deciding to split up right at the beginning. Something went wrong.

Now, I haven't read everywhere yet to see how much is known about the other 2, but I'd be positively surprised if there isn't at least one, or even two, 'creature' companions. In a world with countless creatures and entities, they'd surely only all be evil if they are being controlled.
System7 Jun 15 @ 11:23am 
positively surprised if there isn't at least one, or even two, 'creature' companions. In a world with countless creatures and entities, they'd surely only all be evil if they are being controlled.

I would also prefer creature companions or some alien-like humanoids.
Fan theories and speculation might just be the best thing in the world, you know.
㉑ Matt Jun 22 @ 10:20am 
Probably just a scene for the trailer or a dream, they wouldn't spoiler something big like that in the first trailer.
trailer is fine, but the narrator is laughable!
is there really anyone, who thinks this Clint Eastwood shtik is cool?
Originally posted by System7:
positively surprised if there isn't at least one, or even two, 'creature' companions. In a world with countless creatures and entities, they'd surely only all be evil if they are being controlled.

I would also prefer creature companions or some alien-like humanoids.

I went through the trailer a few times and there appears to be one companion thats not a human, a hunched over being in a cloak and with a staff? Also according to their webside there are 6 companions, so one of them wasnt revealed yet I think. Maybe that will be a beast too who knows
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50