Clair Obscur: Expedition 33

Clair Obscur: Expedition 33

If the game is like FFXIII, would you like it?
I feel its very similar in setting. group of people branded to die, they are running out of time etc etc

it might not have towns, or "downtime" or goofy side stuff like JRPGs or other RPGs in general. Would you still be into that?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Originally posted by Tummamu:
If the game is like FFXIII, would you like it?
I feel its very similar in setting. group of people branded to die, they are running out of time etc etc

it might not have towns, or "downtime" or goofy side stuff like JRPGs or other RPGs in general. Would you still be into that?

If they give us that Chapter 9~10ish FF13 team building possibilities and don't have too many separate flashback timelines along the way, very much so.
Ogami Jun 11 @ 6:52pm 
The problem with FF 13 was not the gameplay itself, it was the terrible characters, cringy dialog and incomprehensible main story because they bombarded you with nonsense terms at every turn and you spend half the time in the ingame lexicon to make sense of all that garbage.

As long as this game has a decent story and well written characters i can live with a "run foward through linear levels with fights and story" experience.
Last edited by Ogami; Jun 11 @ 6:53pm
Tummamu Jun 12 @ 4:14am 
Originally posted by Ogami:
The problem with FF 13 was not the gameplay itself, it was the terrible characters, cringy dialog and incomprehensible main story because they bombarded you with nonsense terms at every turn and you spend half the time in the ingame lexicon to make sense of all that garbage.

As long as this game has a decent story and well written characters i can live with a "run foward through linear levels with fights and story" experience.

Yeah FF8 also has this many terms
but that one explains them slowly and one by one. By the time youre halfway you already understand almost everything. In FF13 they just throw terms like Falcie, cocoon Lcie. Scith. Gran pulse lcie. Focus and then also the resistance NORA and all that right in the first hour. It's more enjoyable the second play through. Which is a sign of a badly designed plot / game.
Raven Jun 12 @ 10:44pm 
FF13 was crap, so no.
Last edited by Raven; Jun 12 @ 10:44pm
Ratsplat Jun 13 @ 10:48am 
FF13 essentially just differed too much from other final fantasies. So it was compared to them.

Clair Obscur is its own separate entity, so it is more fair to judge it on its own.
No
ff10 or ff15
FFXIII was great it was just made at the time where gamers liked open worlds and Western journalists were literally being paid by Microsoft to make hit pieces on every JRPG release also gaming youtubers were taking off and people stopped thinking for themselves. This game sounds very similar to FFXIII and that's why it will be successful.
if the combat and job system is as bad as ff13
I'll pass
Krafin117 Jun 26 @ 11:45pm 
I mean, yeah. I didn't hate FF13 though.
Spud Jul 2 @ 11:09am 
I just love it simply for not being action based, which FF stopped being from...if memory servers, after the 14? I loved the premise of 15 but for the life of me, the combat was not my type of tea.
Boondock Jul 9 @ 10:04am 
ff13 is still my most hated and disappointing game of ALL time even all these years later.....so...uhhh......no.
why FF13
Tummamu Jul 22 @ 1:25pm 
Originally posted by point-blank:
why FF13
The pacing and theme seems similar
Boondock Jul 22 @ 7:46pm 
Originally posted by point-blank:
why FF13
The pacing and theme seems similar

lol @ thinking you know a games pacing from a trailer