Antonblast

Antonblast

Not another, speed game
If this game at the end will turn out as another Speedy Gonzales Simulator 2024, my hope in 2D platformers will lost completely
Last edited by *visual threat*; Jun 18 @ 2:20am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Ikagura Jun 19 @ 5:52am 
Wario Land had speed in the second and fourth game.
I played both games, there was normal speed and nothing like a sonic game
Ikagura Jun 20 @ 6:00am 
Originally posted by *visual threat*:
I played both games, there was normal speed and nothing like a sonic game
Pizza Tower felt a lot like Rayman Legends' fast levels with an emphasis on rhythm and memorisation.

Sonic (in 2D) is more about momentum build-up.

The only fast moment in AntonBlast is the "comeback" moment like Wario Land 4 (where you have to remember the route and trying to sometimes take a different one).

my hope in 2D platformers will lost completely
There are many more platformers out there, what is the issue? Also speedrun strats and advanced techniques are always a thing in popular platformers.
The point is that some games focus on speed and timings, where if you missed something or didn’t react in time, then there won’t be a second attempt and you’ll have to replay the level again, but I’m ready to do this if that item or part of level is unavailable due to lack special ability, or unsuitable character for this level, and I can agree with all the banalities of requirements, but not speed, I'm just afraid to see that AntonBlast could become another game about speed, like Pizza Tower
I know on way back on level at Wario Land 4 are same damn thing about collecting stuff, but rest of level is not doing it to you when timer for way back isn't active, and not rushing you until if you want to go fast, optionality - there is key
lego Jun 28 @ 11:51pm 
what the ♥♥♥♥ is a speedy gonzales
it just whats popular now, just wait and it will be another type famous and etc
Ikagura Jul 15 @ 2:56pm 
my hope in 2D platformers will lost completely
You aren't searching hard.

Also Sonic games are not bad just because they're fast. They are momentum based not just about speed.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50