Antonblast

Antonblast

Le Freak Oct 17, 2023 @ 1:38pm
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Sounds in Demo?!
I played JJZ2 a lot back in the day which is a great game. And I'm looking forward for Antonblast to release (Take your time).

One thing I noticed during my play trough of the demo is that there are some sounds that are similar to the sounds in JJZ2.
You can find them in the menu. When browsing trough the options provided, The sound when browsing the menu is similar to that of a gun in JJZ2 (the one that shoots little purple, green or blue balls).

After going inside the option menu, and changing a setting you can hear a 'splash' sound. Which is similar to the sound made by the character in JJZ2 (When you squash a Turtle.)

Is this a coincidence? or an Easter egg? or are the sounds available for game developing?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Madmonkey68 Nov 24, 2023 @ 6:08pm 
aha kinda sounds like it eh? could be. I too am a Jazz Jackrabbit 2 connoisseur, I like similar games like it thats why this game caught me eye, same with Pizza Tower.

Can you recommend any games similar to Jazz Jackrabbit 2?
Le Freak Nov 25, 2023 @ 1:11pm 
Even if its not 100% like JJZ, you may want to look at old school inspired action platformer Katana Zero.

Other mentions in terms of 2D pixel art are: Coromon, Carrion, Shakedown Hawaii.
Last edited by Le Freak; Nov 25, 2023 @ 1:11pm
MJT Jun 10 @ 7:08am 
First thing I noticed. Jazz Jackrabbit has some unique atmosphere. Even if I don't really liked this demo, this is a great hommage. I hope It will work for the devs because JJ2 is an underestimate gem.
They are just stock sound effects.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50