Antonblast

Antonblast

Review/small critisism of 2.1 Demo
so far, I am growing even more excited for the full game release, thanks to the presentation of the demo, I love the music, for the most part the level design, the animations and personality of Anton and Annie, the controls and move set. They're all done fantastically and i'm hoping to see more of it in the final product.

However, I do have a few minor criticisms, for one, I would really like to see a separate slide and antomic bomb key bindings, because right now, its either I have to get used to using Q as my ground pound key, or bind them to S and then I need to come to a complete halt in order to roll down them, And its not super fun to just stop in a game so focused around speed. I also think that a couple of rooms could be so easily tweaked to make them much more enjoyable to speed run, like in Anton's Hood when you first learn that hammer bouncing sends you higher up, If you hammer bounce onto the pippo you come so close to clearing the entire gap, but the hole you need to get in is too small to do that, and so you hit the wall, or in Hoodoo, If you hammer bounce off of the brick just after the section with all the totem poles, you need to hit the exact left corner of it to bounce into the pippo above the bricks. With just some really slight tweaks to the geometry and placement of enemies, it could be a lot more intuitive to go as fast as possible. If I had to use one phrase to criticise the demo, it would be lacking in intuition.

Apart from that, Keep doing what your doing devs, the game kicks ass right now, and I can't wait to see how much more it'll kick in the future