The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe

The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Dota Dude  [developer] Apr 27, 2022 @ 7:49am
Errors / Bugs / Issues F.A.Q
Is The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe not working right for you? You can help us fix the bug that you've encountered by filling out this bug report!
The clearer your answers and the more detail you can provide the faster we will be able to identify, prioritise and fix bugs throughout the many different versions of the game!

LINK TO BUG REPORT FORM [forms.gle]

F.A.Q. - Updated 03/05/22 with version 1.05

Q: I’m running the game on Mac and I’m experiencing issues!
A: We’re aware that on the very first launch of the game it can take several minutes for the game to open. On future launches of the game it shouldn’t take nearly as long. We’re working on a patch to have the game better detect the power of macOS devices and set graphics settings automatically, however if you are experiencing lag you should be able to play the game normally if you navigate to settings -> video and set the following settings:
AA: to “-”
Quality to “Low”
If you are still experiencing lag then lower the resolution of the game in the settings -> video menu.

Q: In the playtest ending (blue door x3) I get locked in a corridor! - UPDATED 28/04/22
A: This should be fixed in version 1.05. If you are still experiencing this, please report it - however we've had reports of successfully fixing this bug by navigating to "steamapps\common\The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe\The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe_Data\StreamingAssets\video" and deleting the "leaderboard" video.

Q: I am stuck in a section of the game in which I am remembering things I have collected, I get to an area on my way backwards through this zone and I for some reason am unable to progress (invisible wall / black wall / etc)
A: This should be fixed in version 1.05 (released: 03/05/22), however if you are still encountering problems please restart the application and you should be able to proceed as intended.

Q: Odd resolution settings leave certain menus unusable!
A: This should be fixed in version 1.05.

Q: The resolution is reading ResXRes and it's causing me problems with my resolution!
A: This should be fixed in version 1.05, however if you still encounter this issue you might find that setting full screen, confirming your selection, then exiting the game allows people to properly set their resolution.

Q: I can’t unlock the 430 achievement at a certain point in the game!
A: This should be fixed in version 1.05.

We'll be adding further updates to this F.A.Q. ASAP! Thank you for your patience and support! We are a small development team and we want you to have the best possible experience with our games, so we will do our best to fix any bugs that are reported in a timely manner.
Last edited by Dota Dude; May 3, 2022 @ 2:27pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 537 comments
Chace The Ace Apr 27, 2022 @ 8:31am 
Omg its so close we have a bug report forum
Altrixia Apr 27, 2022 @ 8:56am 
Major Bug: The game hasn't released. Please fix.

Edit: Fixed. Thanks.
Last edited by Altrixia; Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:00am
Marslauncher Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:00am 
EYYYYYYYYYYY WILLIAM!!!!:D ITS ME! Alexcooke@hotmail.com. again.
Giperion Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:12am 
Link to bug report is not opening. It says that form only available in corporate domain
Giperion Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:13am 
Btw, I can't change resolution in game settings
SilentStormX Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:13am 
theres a bug where i go into the options and the resolution just says ResxRes?
Oranj8 Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:14am 
impossible to get started with 32:9 screen. there is no way to continue from please choose a screen and subtitle language"
Digit4lSpace Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:15am 
Originally posted by SilentStormX:
theres a bug where i go into the options and the resolution just says ResxRes?
I got that too!
TwilightWolfi Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:15am 
No access to the bug reporting form, so:
BUG:
Resolution options are permanently listed as "ResxRes" instead of the actual resolution being selected, so I have to guess the resolution I'm selecting until it looks correct.
Dark_AssassinUA Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:18am 
when release in EGS?
Cube Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:18am 
bug report: cannot access bug report form

bug report: start game, cannot select subtitle language, moving mouse or pressing any keyboard buttons causes a weird clicking noise
Ichibanprofen Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:19am 
Using a steam controller with the right trackpad to be mouse input causes a mouse cursor to move over the game screen
Cube Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:24am 
ah, bug report form works now
TwoFiftyFare Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:26am 
Originally posted by Oranj8:
impossible to get started with 32:9 screen. there is no way to continue from please choose a screen and subtitle language"

Drop your screen resolution, start up the game and the Continue button shows up at the bottom.
kennytv Apr 27, 2022 @ 9:30am 
Wtf is ResxRes and why can't I change it https://i.imgur.com/S3TDkxE.png :undyne:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 537 comments
Per page: 1530 50