Asteroids: Recharged

Asteroids: Recharged

View Stats:
Mexterious Jul 11, 2023 @ 1:21pm
Linux version is not installed, Steam installs the mac version instead
It doesn't work on linux, It seams the mac version is installed instead of the linux version, browsing thru files shows the mac files.

I already open a ticket on Atari and it´s been almost 2 weeks without any fix.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
I use Linux Mint. The game runs perfectly under Proton 8.0-5
Mexterious Mar 10 @ 12:54pm 
Sure, proton runs great but the point is they should fix the problem and run native but no one listens ( valve, atari, adamvision, etx) I think valve should have a way to fix this problem, why this problem only happes to some users? Weird.
I think 10 to 20 years, then all games are also programmed for Linux. But until then we have to wait and continue to work with Proton.
Originally posted by Max Headroom:
I think 10 to 20 years, then all games are also programmed for Linux. But until then we have to wait and continue to work with Proton.

I agree with you.

In this case someone screw it, at the steam store Valve has the Windows, Apple and SteamOS logos but on the requirements it only shows Windows requirements but, when installing this game on linux it installs the mac version.. :steamhappy:this is funny.
If you select compatibility mode with proton, the game should work (it did on my systems).

Back in February of last year (according to steamdb), someone replaced the files in the Linux depot with the MacOS version and it has been that way ever since.

I've contacted Atari on their discord and they said they'd follow up with the developer, but that was in October. I contacted Adamvision on their discord and they said they were not the ones to contact about it. I also contacted Sneakybox via their website but haven't heard back from them.

I just wish they would get off their butts and either restore the original files or just remove the Linux depot altogether so it can default to the Windows version via proton
After putting in a support ticket on Atari's website back in January, I got an email yesterday saying to reinstall the game and log back into Steam and that should fix the issue. However, after doing that and even doing a new install on a fresh Linux install, it still installs the Mac files instead of Linux files. I don't know why this is so hard to fix, just replace the files.

Anyway, I guess it's back to Proton instead of the native version that should be working.
Yeah, I've tried to contact everyone I can about this, it seems like an easy fix, it's truly frustrating considering it still lists Linux native support
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50