FREERIDE: The Personality Test

FREERIDE: The Personality Test

Akiren Feb 6, 2023 @ 9:41am
pretty interesting- i just...find it very difficult to throw lol
based on the discussions here- apparently there is a whole boss i didnt see. I entered a bunch of rooms but no secrets I found. I got the pacifist end, but idk, the demon slug looked cute in the begining so i just..gifted it to the dude. I just wanted the bunny man to like me ig lol.

BUT THE CRAB MINIGAME
its my skill level for sure but I kept trying and all I could get is most 5. Throwing it confused me (mostly cuz I played on laptop. I think this is planned for switch? Ill probably do better on that lol) I think my brain just cant figure it out.

Either way, looks fun and yeah! The characters so far are interesting
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
sprout Feb 12, 2023 @ 5:36am 
Woah! You've got me curious- how do i try the crab minigame, if you don't mind sharing?
nicojustnico Feb 15, 2023 @ 10:24am 
yeah the throwing mechanic was pretty difficult for me as well, playing on PC mnk
hayleyxmae Feb 15, 2023 @ 7:50pm 
yea tell us how to get the crab minigame!
radbananas Mar 1, 2023 @ 1:42am 
Yeah, I went into 13 rooms... no boss? 0 secrets uncovered... hmm... looks like lots to play still
yeah at the end of the act i got roasted for not being able to throw :steamsad:
cjtani Jun 25 @ 2:37pm 
i play with a controller and got all 6 crabs without throwing (i just ran back and forth) but god dont get me started with the game calling me out cuz i wanted to please bunny boy im sobbing
i went into 14 rooms and no boss lol, but i do find the throwing mechanic to be unpleasant at least at the moment, i think the game could benefit at the start with a better tutorial for it maybe with a small visual of it before making the player throw
Flightyfelon  [developer] Jul 21 @ 7:10pm 
Originally posted by Akiren:
based on the discussions here- apparently there is a whole boss i didnt see. I entered a bunch of rooms but no secrets I found. I got the pacifist end, but idk, the demon slug looked cute in the begining so i just..gifted it to the dude. I just wanted the bunny man to like me ig lol.

BUT THE CRAB MINIGAME
its my skill level for sure but I kept trying and all I could get is most 5. Throwing it confused me (mostly cuz I played on laptop. I think this is planned for switch? Ill probably do better on that lol) I think my brain just cant figure it out.

Either way, looks fun and yeah! The characters so far are interesting

Hey there! Dev here :)
I’be been noticing for a long time that a subset of players have been having serious trouble with the throw mechanic… and it just clicked for me.

You’re using a trackpad.

That would absolutely make the click-drag or even the basic movement while holding an object very difficult!
I’m sorry you’ve been having a tough time, and I want to let you know that we will be giving this serious thought, and prioritizing a trackpad-friendly throw system that you can access through gameplay settings.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50