Open Roads

Open Roads

View Stats:
talloyer May 26, 2022 @ 10:32pm
rELEASE OR cANCEL THIS CRAP ALREADY
Mid-2022 and no news, game gone dark, ADMIT the TRUTH about the state of this game!
Originally posted by DonaemouS:
I just wonder why Annapurna Interactive is still keeping this game into its forthcoming release. If I was a head in this company, I would just reject to produce this game, and asking for a refund. Annapurna, delete this game.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
[GAZArts] Jun 30, 2022 @ 4:15pm 
The studio who were working on it hit some rough times with a lot of staff leaving as well as the director of the game stepping down. This game may be "shelved" indefinitely, which I hope isn't the case, I get the sense that a lot of the game was completed before shi* went south.
talloyer Jul 1, 2022 @ 12:28am 
Originally posted by GAZArts:
The studio who were working on it hit some rough times with a lot of staff leaving as well as the director of the game stepping down. This game may be "shelved" indefinitely, which I hope isn't the case, I get the sense that a lot of the game was completed before shi* went south.
Yeah, I am aware of the Polygon article about massive staff loss at Fullbright due to supposed toxic behaviour of co-founder Steve Gaynor, and studio went way too silent after that.
Hotel Security Jul 22, 2022 @ 7:11pm 
>Yeah, I am aware of the Polygon article about massive staff loss at Fullbright due to supposed toxic behaviour of co-founder Steve Gaynor, and studio went way too silent after that.

Likely because they had no clue what was going on. Either way, there's a new Game Informer article on it.
talloyer Jul 22, 2022 @ 7:38pm 
Originally posted by Hotel Security:
Either way, there's a new Game Informer article on it.
Ah, there is the new article indeed, from yesterday. I am leaving the link here first, to read the article soon enough: https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/2022/07/21/a-new-destination-how-open-roads-changed-direction-and-saved-its-turbulent-road
talloyer Jul 22, 2022 @ 8:23pm 
Well, I just finished reading the article, and while is interesting into showing more what the game is about, it doesn't really say when the game will be released, apart from "The team says they’re currently wrapping things up and putting final touches on the game. They hope to set a specific date in the coming months". Open Roads is certainly not being releasing this year. I would guess early or mid-2023. Bah.
As for Steve Gaynor, I find curious his position at the company, since he is not even a writer for the game anymore and the entire Fullbright's creative team is busy with Open Roads, he is now nothing more than a businessman in his own company, responsible for all the "boring stuff" of it. This looks like a miserable position for Steve, and I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to sell the company after the launch of the game, successful or not.
Last edited by talloyer; Jul 22, 2022 @ 8:24pm
JKclassy Jul 25, 2022 @ 4:12am 
Patience... I don't mind waiting as long as it takes. The main thing is the quality. The standards are quite high, as it has to live up to games like Gone Home and Tacoma! I recommend playing either of those while you wait for the release!
Originally posted by JKclassy:
Patience... I don't mind waiting as long as it takes. The main thing is the quality. The standards are quite high, as it has to live up to games like Gone Home and Tacoma! I recommend playing either of those while you wait for the release!

Just so. A delayed game is only delayed until it's released, but a bad game is bad forever.
JKclassy Jul 25, 2022 @ 7:43am 
Originally posted by Sphinx of Black Quartz:
Originally posted by JKclassy:

Just so. A delayed game is only delayed until it's released, but a bad game is bad forever.
Exactly... and Fulbright being a moderately... ughh and now literally... a small indie video-game developer, they're only able to work at a rate that best suits them under the current situations. So at the end of the day "it is what it is" and "it will take as long as it has to take."

I just hope it is really Really REALLY Good when it's released.
Last edited by JKclassy; Jul 25, 2022 @ 7:46am
Hotel Security Aug 9, 2022 @ 8:23am 
>it doesn't really say when the game will be released, apart from

Probably because they're not actually sure. And they don't want to put out a placeholder date because crazy folks like OP will flip out about how they break promises if they have to push the date back.

> he is now nothing more than a businessman in his own company, responsible for all the "boring stuff" of it. This looks like a miserable position for Steve,

Well, he owns the company so they can't just fire him but most of the folks likely don't want him around either and he knows it. I have a feeling this won't be sustainable and will change after a while...maybe once Open Roads comes out.

>I just hope it is really Really REALLY Good when it's released.

Happiness is a product of expectations...
cubs2084 Nov 9, 2022 @ 12:58pm 
Your angry reaction to this feels a bit much
Crimson Jupiter Dec 7, 2022 @ 12:02am 
It's not surprising that the remaining team, which is much smaller now, will take longer than first anticipated to finish the game. But it is still a little concerning that said team or the publisher have not shared any sign of life about the game for over a year now. The only sign we have of it not being cancelled is that it's still listed here on steam and on Annapurnas Website. Or did someone just forget to delete the stuff?
talloyer Dec 8, 2022 @ 2:40am 
Originally posted by cubs2084:
Your angry reaction to this feels a bit much
Do not presume someone feels emotional when writing something that looks emotional. I was laughing up when I made this topic, since I just exaggerated the wording of my actual concern. Look at my posts on "DOOM Eternal" Forums to see me really angry, I even got permabanned there.

By the way, perhaps there will be an "surprise announcement" on The Game Awards today?? Unlikely, but that would be a huge opportunity to get many people interested on "Open Roads".
Last edited by talloyer; Dec 8, 2022 @ 7:41pm
talloyer Dec 8, 2022 @ 10:02pm 
BrUh, no announcement at The Game Awards, after all. :thumbspoop:
thagenesis Jan 2, 2023 @ 9:13am 
I came to this forum to see, if the studio, publisher or devs said anything. but not a single word. they obviously don't want my money. time to take it off my wishlist
Last edited by thagenesis; Jan 2, 2023 @ 9:13am
bbgDaryl Feb 21, 2023 @ 10:05am 
Three years this was on my wishlist. Really disappointed that nothing came of this.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 1530 50