Rugby 22

Rugby 22

View Stats:
Is there a way to pass the ball quicker than use a marker ?
I want to pass the ball faster but it seems sluggish , is there an option?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Marty Oct 16, 2023 @ 7:07am 
Hello, the speed of the pass will depend on the player's ability. But also if the player is boosted after landing a combination. Indeed, the player is faster, more powerful and more skilful with the ball
consolepcgaming Oct 16, 2023 @ 10:49am 
Its terrible it doesn't work properly, , shoddy programming. very disappointing, I press pass and there is such a delay its makes fluid passing virtually impossible. I think out of all the rugby games the passing in this one is the worst
Marty Oct 20, 2023 @ 2:56pm 
I agree with you. The pass system in rugby games is really not good. On the other hand, I don't think it's the worst system we've seen in Rugby22. I even think that this opus managed to remove the "laser passes" which are really bad. I think that like me you must have played many Rugby games (Rugby 01/08/20/22, Rugby Challenge series, Rugby League Live...) and no game is satisfactory on this point.

Rugby League Live is the best but it's Rugby XIII. You don't have a ruck phase, so you don't have a turnover situation like in the XV. The passing system in Rugby League Live is therefore the best in my eyes. But it's not about Rugby Union.

Devellopers should really revolutionize the way we pass the ball. In fact, I'm convinced that everything should be based on the physics of the ball, that there should be a need for action to catch the ball (Example: r1+ right stick in the right direction for a pass). Making a "forward" should be a mistake on the part of the players and not a random penalty. But when you started seriously to thinking about the way to organize a controller for recreate the rugby gameplay... A real headache

I'm very curious to play Rugby 24 and see how they approached their gameplay (arcade/simulation). Rugby 22 is a serious foundation for building solid games. A good game of Rugby can allow a little more development of this wonderful sport
Tamer Jan 7 @ 5:24am 
I've only recently picked this one up on sale since 24 got delayed. I've played most if not all of the previous Rugby titles since the EA Games era, including the Challenge series.

Personally I think this one has come the closest in getting a balance between pace, simulation and difficulty. The passing system takes a little while to get used to, but I prefer this over laser passes or complete coin flips on whether the pass fails. It feels consistent and you need to master the system to get fluent passes.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50