FINAL FANTASY VI

FINAL FANTASY VI

View Stats:
gia May 19 @ 11:34am
snes ver
is there one with the rom even? i want to own that version on pc
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
You can't. Not legally.
Lockhart May 21 @ 4:28pm 
Originally posted by gia:
Why the SNES version, if you have the remastered?
Snipe May 22 @ 8:55am 
Originally posted by Lockhart:
OP doesn't own VI PR tho, but they prob want to play it. Without buying it. The next best thing would be to find a free rom I guess?
Lysamus May 22 @ 11:20am 
As someone whose played both the SNES and PR versions, The PR version is overall a better way to experience the game.

You can't legally play the SNES copy on PC OP, but unless you're interested in the game as an artifact from its era, you don't need it.
gia May 24 @ 4:43am 
Originally posted by Snipe:
Originally posted by Lockhart:
OP doesn't own VI PR tho, but they prob want to play it. Without buying it. The next best thing would be to find a free rom I guess?
you will have to explain that (lack of) logic, why would i make the question i made if i wanted what you claim

if there is no snes version on pc clearly the only option to own it is to buy the snes version, then comes the issue of having to dodge fake carts and stuff, cba

thanks for the info, try to focus on answering the question next time
Suguru Jul 1 @ 2:05am 
Originally posted by Snipe:
you will have to explain that (lack of) logic, why would i make the question i made if i wanted what you claim

if there is no snes version on pc clearly the only option to own it is to buy the snes version, then comes the issue of having to dodge fake carts and stuff, cba

Even if you bought used copy for SNES, it is still considered a theft by companies. Why? You didn't pay the company for the game, just a random dude to give you the game he bought somewhere (maybe in store, who knows?).

So, in short - just download rom + emu.
Originally posted by Suguru:

Even if you bought used copy for SNES, it is still considered a theft by companies. Why? You didn't pay the company for the game, just a random dude to give you the game he bought somewhere (maybe in store, who knows?).

I don't care what companies might consider, outside of public view, as theft.
However, buying an original SNES or GBA cart of this game is, by law, not theft and there is nothing companies can do about, especially with physical media that does not need to authenticate through a server.

I do think that certain laws should be changed to be more geared toward the consumer, as we are fast approaching the point, where even physical devices are not really owned by you fully anymore. There are quite a few devices that either need you to create an account with the manufactuerer to use it, or that try to force you which repair service to use or that just lock out functions behind a subscription service (e.g. BMW with seat heaters). Tesla is also limiting to whom you can sell the Cybertruck, if you bought one.

This then, gets to the point where one truly has to ask, if you don't (can't) own it if you pay for it, then is it really stealing?
Originally posted by Schnittertm:
Originally posted by Suguru:

I don't care what companies might consider, outside of public view, as theft.
However, buying an original SNES or GBA cart of this game is, by law, not theft and there is nothing companies can do about, especially with physical media that does not need to authenticate through a server.

I do think that certain laws should be changed to be more geared toward the consumer, as we are fast approaching the point, where even physical devices are not really owned by you fully anymore. There are quite a few devices that either need you to create an account with the manufactuerer to use it, or that try to force you which repair service to use or that just lock out functions behind a subscription service (e.g. BMW with seat heaters). Tesla is also limiting to whom you can sell the Cybertruck, if you bought one.

This then, gets to the point where one truly has to ask, if you don't (can't) own it if you pay for it, then is it really stealing?

This isn't a politics board. This is about Final Fantasy 6.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50