FINAL FANTASY VI

FINAL FANTASY VI

View Stats:
Kiame Vivacity Mar 8, 2022 @ 9:44pm
FF6 PR Save Editor (Updated)
Supports editing Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remastered Save files.

- Character Stats, Magic, Equipment, and Commands
- Inventory and Important items
- Toggle Skills/Abilities
- Toggle Espers
- Change Party members (currently only party 1)
- Map data including player world/map/position/facing, Black Jack world/position/facing, and Falcon world/position/facing.
- Toggle Veldt encounters

Better multi-lingual support is coming with an update for the GUI API. For now, if a certain language is needed, download a TTF of that language and place it in the same directory as `FFVIPR Save Editor.exe` and then start the application.
Google search with "free [language] fonts" for TTF downloads. Replace [lanugage] with what you need, ie: "free japanese fonts"

Download:
https://github.com/KiameV/final-fantasy-vi-save-editor/releases/latest

Support:
https://ko-fi.com/kiamev

Updates:
- Fixed an issue with changing the save file directory
- Fixed an issue with detecting updates
Last edited by Kiame Vivacity; Jun 21 @ 10:42pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 273 comments
Kiame Vivacity Mar 8, 2022 @ 10:30pm 
There seems to be an issue with some save files. If you get an error message about EOF, try creating a new save file from FF6 PR and try opening that new file in the editor.
Kiame Vivacity Mar 9, 2022 @ 9:44am 
Looks like the last update changed saves. I'll need to look into this more.
Kiame Vivacity Mar 9, 2022 @ 11:47am 
Updated the editor to support the newer save file type
Asouva Mar 9, 2022 @ 12:42pm 
Will this let me edit which formations I've encountered for easier rage farming on the Veldt?
Dadalama Mar 9, 2022 @ 12:48pm 
I keep getting "Executable not found in %path%"
jerrygamer Mar 9, 2022 @ 1:11pm 
Originally posted by Dadalama:
I keep getting "Executable not found in %path%"
I'm getting the same error
Kiame Vivacity Mar 9, 2022 @ 1:56pm 
Executable not found in path means python is either not installed or was not added to the system's path on install

https://www.educative.io/edpresso/err-python-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command
Last edited by Kiame Vivacity; Mar 9, 2022 @ 1:58pm
jerrygamer Mar 9, 2022 @ 2:20pm 
I fixed the previous error but now i'm getting the error "exit status 1"
Dadalama Mar 9, 2022 @ 2:30pm 
Originally posted by jerrygamer:
same here
I even restarted even though it didn't tell me to
Last edited by Dadalama; Mar 9, 2022 @ 2:31pm
Malum Mar 9, 2022 @ 2:57pm 
Excellent utility, thanks for sharing!

Request: If it isn't possible already, could you make it so you can add any item to your inventory? Me and some others are getting royally screwed out of rare drops/steals at the moment (early testing suggests that Ultima, for example, has much less than a 1 in 8 chance to relinquish a Ribbon from Locke's steal ability).
Asouva Mar 9, 2022 @ 3:27pm 
Originally posted by jerrygamer:
Oh good, it's not just me
Kiame Vivacity Mar 9, 2022 @ 3:38pm 
I'll try to improve the error messaging. The python layer is a pain, I know, but due to SE stupidity the save file is encrypted and only one cypher lib in python has been found to work...

The exit status 1 is an issue deciphering the file. Try creating a new save from ff6 and see if the new one works. If not, see if you can upload the save. I'd like to get some that are failing to open and try to figure out why.

As for inventory, that is the next part that I'm working on though it's very weird how it's structured in the save so may take some time.

Thanks everyone for your patience. I wish this worked 100% out of the box but the save file is not trivial like the SNES version. I am committed to getting this working as best as possible.
Last edited by Kiame Vivacity; Mar 9, 2022 @ 3:41pm
Kiame Vivacity Mar 9, 2022 @ 3:42pm 
One other thought. I can only test this on Windows 10. Those that are having continuing issues, are you on a different os?
Dadalama Mar 9, 2022 @ 3:53pm 
yeah Windows 7
jerrygamer Mar 9, 2022 @ 4:05pm 
I'm on Windows 11
< >
Showing 1-15 of 273 comments
Per page: 1530 50