Bleak Faith: Forsaken

Bleak Faith: Forsaken

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
Raubritter Mar 11, 2023 @ 3:18am
Woke devs, stolen FromSoft animations, bullshots.
Yikes! Oof, even. No wholseome pupperinos there. Good luck with the lawsuits!
< >
Showing 31-45 of 202 comments
Mad Jester Mar 11, 2023 @ 6:49am 
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ https://i.4cdn.org/v/1678529134488882.webm

I knew that moveset seemed familiar

I feel ashamed that i gave them money for this ♥♥♥♥ =_=
Raubritter Mar 11, 2023 @ 6:54am 
Originally posted by Mad Jester:
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ https://i.4cdn.org/v/1678529134488882.webm

I knew that moveset seemed familiar

I feel ashamed that i gave them money for this ♥♥♥♥ =_=
There's also an enemy that's ripped from the Abyss Watchers, not just the exact same animations but the design of the enemy is almost identical lmao.
Morse Mar 11, 2023 @ 6:54am 
thanks for proving my point. thinking everything is as simple as 2 sides, wasting your time hating the other based on complete nonsense, sign of a classic idiot
changeittowhat Mar 11, 2023 @ 7:18am 
Yeah same. I'm kicking my self for playing it for as long as i did giving the devs the benefit of the doubt now I wont be able to get a refund
mShuey Mar 11, 2023 @ 8:02am 
Can I do anything more than just reporting the product to steam? What other recourse do we have to get this removed from the storefront?
Pnume Mar 11, 2023 @ 8:23am 
Originally posted by mShuey:
Can I do anything more than just reporting the product to steam? What other recourse do we have to get this removed from the storefront?

You could contact them directly
https://www.fromsoftware.jp/ww/inquiry.html

I guess it's already done though.

I wonder how aggressive Fromsoft is with regards to their IPs.
Some game companies would go ballistic.
Haruno Mar 11, 2023 @ 8:46am 
Originally posted by Outsider:
I'm not clicking 4chan links lol. Channers are known internet trolls.
I guess this was bait thread all along.

Again, if you think somebody stole something, report to the appropriate services.
Maybe report to steam admins, I dunno.
Competent people should investigate this, not angry anonymous teenagers from 4chan. :steamsalty:
As opposed to angry groomers from Discord like the devs of this game?
LogicalPoint Mar 11, 2023 @ 9:07am 
Originally posted by StarryEyes:
I'm skepitcal about the woke claims, I've yet to see any proof of that and I hate that BS as much as the next guy. Those animations tho... animations are mighty sus, for sure.
Ok I checked the links. Animation is sus. An the woke claims seem somewhat justified as screenshots of the Devs discord messages are all rants about T rights, WW2 germans, white *******, and evil chistians hurting africa. Not sure if any of it is in the game but his discord is very saturated with it.
Celery Mar 11, 2023 @ 9:10am 
Originally posted by Pnume:
Originally posted by mShuey:

You could contact them directly
https://www.fromsoftware.jp/ww/inquiry.html

I guess it's already done though.

I wonder how aggressive Fromsoft is with regards to their IPs.
Some game companies would go ballistic.

Japan tends to go hard on this sort of thing so hopefully they shut this crap down.
Brutalness Mar 11, 2023 @ 9:14am 
[/quote]
https://imgur.com/a/OdsmR4Z
Let the actual animations speak for themselves, then. [/quote]
so 2 animations look similar that don't show anything really clown. talk about a reach
Roia  [developer] Mar 11, 2023 @ 9:36am 
Any animations not made in-house are from the Epic Marketplace and have been up there for years, rigged to an Epic Skeleton. We've heard this comment before, but you can buy the animations yourself if you want as they are publicly available and have been for a long time. Any other question or concern should be taken up with Epic themselves. We're willing to rework things if there's something amiss going on in the marketplace but we've received no notification from Epic and we too are their customers. The marketplace was used to fill in generic art and was still edited to fit in the general needs of the art direction - about 10% of the total game art is from there.
Last edited by Roia; Mar 11, 2023 @ 9:49am
Chopper Dave Mar 11, 2023 @ 9:39am 
Originally posted by Mark Felton Productions:
Woke devs
Trans Rights are Human Rights.
Chopper Dave Mar 11, 2023 @ 9:45am 
Originally posted by Roia:
For people accusing of stolen animations, we've used animations we bought at the Epic Store that have been up there for years. These specific animations have been made by PersianNinja on Unreal Marketplace.

If I may, I would like to advise against wasting energy and time in correspondence with the vigilante crowd. Yes, there is a great wave of discontent right now, but trying to argue with each accusation individually will just spoil your mood, but will not change anyone else's opinion.
Find a moderator, ask for help. If you want, prepare one big post parsing the individual accusations if they bother you that much. Your best bet would be to keep working on the game. A few hotfixes and fixing the controller issue would definitely smooth things out.
SnakeShifter Mar 11, 2023 @ 10:03am 
Originally posted by LogicalPoint:
Originally posted by StarryEyes:
I'm skepitcal about the woke claims, I've yet to see any proof of that and I hate that BS as much as the next guy. Those animations tho... animations are mighty sus, for sure.
Ok I checked the links. Animation is sus. An the woke claims seem somewhat justified as screenshots of the Devs discord messages are all rants about T rights, WW2 germans, white *******, and evil chistians hurting africa. Not sure if any of it is in the game but his discord is very saturated with it.
Thanks for the tip pal, looks like this game is going off the wishlist and straight onto the ignore list, permanently.
Last edited by SnakeShifter; Mar 11, 2023 @ 10:04am
mShuey Mar 11, 2023 @ 10:34am 
Originally posted by Roia:
Any animations not made in-house are from the Epic Marketplace and have been up there for years, rigged to an Epic Skeleton. We've heard this comment before, but you can buy the animations yourself if you want as they are publicly available and have been for a long time. Any other question or concern should be taken up with Epic themselves. We're willing to rework things if there's something amiss going on in the marketplace but we've received no notification from Epic and we too are their customers. The marketplace was used to fill in generic art and was still edited to fit in the general needs of the art direction - about 10% of the total game art is from there.
Prepare yourself legally, you guys are going to need it.
< >
Showing 31-45 of 202 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Mar 11, 2023 @ 3:18am