Inscryption

Inscryption

View Stats:
endless mode?
Ive seen videos of this game and LOVE it, but I would like and endless gamemode that I can mess around in and build whacky a$$ decks to have fun and obliterate the guy endlessly.

is that a thing? or not?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Not really, but kind of. There are two options if you want to just enjoy messing with the cards and obliterating your opponent but both do have an ending to them.

One option is to intentionally avoid the item required for progression in the standard gameplay and repeatedly play that section but each run will always have only 4 maps and 4 bosses (one for each map). You just restart the entire run after that 4, but you will be able to keep things like your death cards (though to make a death card you have to lose, so you might get through all 4 just fine only to intentionally throw the final battle).

The other option is "kaycee's mod" (it is not a community created mod as the name may imply, it's more like a dlc, it's called a mod for story related reasons). It's not as relaxed as the first option and the balancing is tweaked a bit, it is intended to be a challenge mode. It does have some features that the base game does not which is quite nice, but it also has the 4 maps/bosses per run format. The difference is that it sort of has difficulty tiers. There are challenges you can take (like only having one candle/life for example) that have point values, each successful run increases the challenge requirement so you have to select various challenges to meet the point requirements but you do have some agency in exactly which challenges you take as long as you have enough points to progress. It means each run is supposed to get more challenging, with more difficult requirements, but even that is not actually endless. It has, if i recall right, 12 tiers of difficulty. If you manage to complete all of them you can essentially "freeplay" it. No more point requirements, but you have unlocked all possible challenges and can select any of them you want, or none of them at that point.
hmm, thank you for this information, it is very helpful. I might get the game later down the road and play the game just as a small section to enjoy the game that I would like to play, maybe try out the mod thing as well to add more challenge if I get bored.

Thank you
Originally posted by CMDR Dark_Marshal:
hmm, thank you for this information, it is very helpful. I might get the game later down the road and play the game just as a small section to enjoy the game that I would like to play, maybe try out the mod thing as well to add more challenge if I get bored.

Thank you
in the meantime, the game does have a free demo that covers the first section/act, which is the more "relaxed" bit i mentioned essentially. The game itself has more to it than the demo obviously, but the demo does cover at least that section and free is always a good price lol.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50